Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    logitechgirl Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2008, 08:50 AM
    Desperate for my natural colour back!
    Hello.
    A few days ago, almost a week, I dyed my hair with Permanent 'nice 'n easy colour blend technology' and the colour was supposed to be 'natural darkest brown'..
    However, when I dyed it, it turned completely black, and looks terrible on me.
    A friend told me after about 24 washes, it should fade back to your natural colour, which is moussy brown. But it didn't work, and just made it turn a bit ginger at the top.
    A few days later, I attempted to dye it again a light brown/blonde colour, thinking this would make it brown. But it didn't work at all, and was just a complete waste of money.
    I am now desperately in need of a solution, but I have no idea how to get my hair back to my natural colour instead of this terrible colour it's left me with. I don't care about how much money I spend, I just want my natural colour back!
    Please help!

Xxx
    hilaryfortnum Posts: 49, Reputation: 4

May 20, 2008, 09:01 AM
    There is one way to guarantee your natural colour back. Simply shave off all of your hair and wait for it to grow back.

If people grow suspicious of your newly acquired shaven-headed look then simply tell them that you were required to have it shaved as part of a "Government programme". The questions will soon stop.

Good luck.
    Kat18 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2008, 09:07 AM
    Theirs always the option of getting your hair stripped.. but it can be quite expensive, and damaging to your hair. If this is your first time dying your hair it should start fading in about a week or so, it won't be your natural hair color, but it will be closer to the colour you intended to dye it in the first place. I recommend waiting it out for a week or so, if it fades you shouldn't need it stripped, you can get it professionally dyed back to its natural color at a hair salon, if not they can lighten it, and tint it back. Home color is very unpredictable, and isn't worth the risk in most cases.
    logitechgirl Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2008, 10:20 AM
    Thanks for the advice Kat18 :]
    X
    sindy25 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 11:24 PM
    Visit a reputable hair salon they will be able to strip your hair and then maybe colour it with the colour you were looking for originally and then a few weeks later get a conditioning treatment!Will be as good as new! Just don't attempt to do anything with it at home(may be cheaper but sooo not worth it!)
    frmccloudatterb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 11:38 PM
    Use a dye made for people of color like "dark and lovely" these dyes are most of the time made for dark hair. The Color will come in better. Plus mabe you should try a very light color of dark and lovely, not so much a brown more like a honey brown or something to that effect. That’s what I'd do. Or you could work what you have until it fades! Its just hair! And you are not your hair! I am sure you look lovely like you are. Wear some slammin’ clothes and wonderful make up! Work the dark mysterious Matrix look! Lol

check this out! It will help.
    YouTube - india arie--i am not my hair
    madmad Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Get it stripped, I did.. it was soooooo worth it.
    halezz09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 03:58 PM
    Okay I did the EXACTTTTT same thing! My hair is still terrible and everyone is telling me to let it just grow out already, but my hair is really long and I don't want to cut it or anything. So I just keep on washing it and its actually starting to fade. The sun is helping a lot also.
    Eaglesflying Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2008, 02:04 PM
    NO Don't use a stripper that will make your hair orange been there done that. I colored my hair a medium brown didn't like it at all way to dark didn't look like me at all. I went to Walgreens and bought this stuff called Color Oops it only takes the color you put on it off and it's not harsh on your hair either... it works great ! Might stink a little if can stand the smell but when you wash your hair the smell is gone do a deep conditioner on as well.
    hannah_nicole Posts: 163, Reputation: 13

Aug 7, 2008, 02:21 PM
    I think you should visit a few hair salons, tell them what your desired result is and ask them what they think the best option is.
    madmad Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 02:23 PM
    Colour oops is a stripper then..
    That's it's job to strip colour!
    And I got mine stripped and yes it turned bright orange but that's what happens it takes all the colour out so you can start again! You have to dye it once you strip it.
    Eaglesflying Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2008, 03:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by madmad
    colour oops is a stripper then..
    thats it's job to strip colour!
    and i got mine stripped and yes it turned bright orange but thats what happens it takes all the colour out so u can start again! you have to dye it once you strip it.
    When I use the Color Oops my hair DID NOT turn orange it just took off the color I had applied. And it was the color it was before I colored it . It does not have harsh ingredients search the Internet put in Color Oops and look at the Ingredients it really does just take off the color you applied and it really does not turn your hair orange either. I didn't have to recolor it either.
    nikkiharms3 Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Mar 19, 2009, 04:40 PM

Wow I just looked up that color oops, I live in england but sounds great as it has no bleech peroxise or imonia in... I'm going to order some! Lol x
    nikkiharms3 Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Mar 19, 2009, 04:42 PM

Mad mad if you read up about it, it just takes out the colour applied on top of your ntural color! Sounds great!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get back to my natural colour [ 1 Answers ]

I recently decided on a new style for my hair, it's a gorgeous blonde colour with red highlights. Unforunately a few weeks ago I dyed my hair a red shade, and the hairdressers said that I couldn't go blonde with them, as I may go ginger. Being silly I got a home dye kit, and tried to go blonde, the...

Natural colour [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my brown hair black. The black dye seems to have washed out in places and I want to get the rest of it out and go a shade of brown. How do I get the black out? Will it make my hair ginger?

How can I change my hair back to my natural colour? [ 1 Answers ]

I am naturally blonde but have been dying my hair medium brown for nearly 2 years. I haven't dyed my hair again recently and I have decided I want to go back to my natural blonde colour. I have heard about lightening hair dyes but I'm not sure what colour this will turn my hair. Can you suggest...

I want my natural hair colour back! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've been bleaching my hair to almost white for a year now and I want my natural colour back, I have left it for 4 months and have about two inches of my natural ( golden blonde/light brown) hair, I can't afford to go to a hairdressers and I can't wait for it to grow out, what would be the best...

View more questions Search