Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hollyparrott Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 08:02 AM
    Dying over black hair dye--GINGER
    I'm just back from the hairdressers and look exactly the same... I went with the intention of dying panels of my hair blue, so the hairdresser put bleach into my hair to strip the colour but it came out ginger and she said she couldn't put blue into it. So she dyed my hair back to black and I paid 80pounds for nothing! She said its because my hair has been dyed black so many times that it won't come out with bleach although she used the strongest kind. Is this right? (and will I always have to have black hair, unless I grow it out) or could she just not be bothered bleaching it again?! I'm so unhappy I feel like I might as well have thrown 80 quid in the bin!!
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Jan 25, 2008, 08:37 AM
    It is possible that the colour could not be lifted out. Hair can only lift so much. Plus you said you had it colour black many times? That way you are depositing more and more colour molecules into your hair.

Maybe give a few weeks or months without colouring your hair. That way the colour will fade but not completely. Then go back to the salon and see what they can do. Try using detox shampoos too. It will strip some of the colour out.

If you're not happy, contact the salon. They may refund you or give you a discount.
    bagelmaster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 10:03 AM
    Hey I read this and was really interested,because I'm intending to do nearly the same thing,my hair has been dyed black for about a year and a half and I want it back to my natural colour,I've dyed my own hair for years and years and it's been fine,I'm quite good with hair dye and my idea was to bleach my whole head,which SHOULD get rid of the black,then dye over it my natural colour.Bleach should go over pretty much anything but now I'm confused. How long have you had yours dyed black?I would really try and get a refund,you can't loose that much money it's not fair on you.I would have thought if you left the bleach on long enough it will go over the black? Good luck :)
    SamShipley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2008, 07:41 AM

I did the Same thing. I have dyed my hair black soooo many times. I went to the salon and they FINALLY got it out after bleaching it three or four times. If you get blue it will be kick for awhile but after a few months it will fade and turn a nasty green color. Hope you get your money back.
    dollyrocker. Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2011, 11:19 AM
    No, it's not right. My hair is naturally blonde and I've dyed it black so many times and I've managed to get it back to blonde about 3 times now. The first time I did it gradually and it took afew months. The second and third time I bleached it twice and then it was blonde again. It does damage your hair though. I took 2 years of hair and beauty so I know how to fix it. If you hair is damaged and you do decide to bleach it then make sure you condition A lot. Try going to bed one night a week and sleeping with your hair covered in conditioner, that should help revive it. Don't wash it too much either because that is really bad for your hair (:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How badly will having black hair dye stripped out damage my hair? [ 24 Answers ]

I recently dyed my naturally dark brown hair a bright black colour, and I am not very pleased with it at all. I know that stripping the colour on my own would seriously damage my hair (something I would like to avoid, as I have just finished growing out/cutting off some very damaged hair), but if I...

How can I dye my hair red by taking out my black without damaging my hair? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I currently have black dyed hair, with bleached streaks, that were red and are now back to blonde. I really want to dye my hair all over bright red, but I don't want to bleach all my hair for fear of totally killing it, are there any cheats I can use to get my permanent black out without...

Dying your hair black [ 17 Answers ]

I'm considering dying my hair black but I've heard that it's unhealthy in some ways. I was wonderinf if any of you know if it's harmful?

Dying hair from black to blonde [ 25 Answers ]

Wel.. I dyed my hair last week a natural black colour and I am putting a natural blonde hair dye on it. I just wondered will it work? And what colour will it go? :confused:

Permanent hair dye black- dye it back to light brown? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I have naturally light/medium brown hair. I wanted to try going blonde, so I went and got some permanent blonde hair dye. I dyed it once and it was an awful reddish blonde color, and I could tell the light color wasn't helping compliment my face at all. So I returned the rest of the blonde...

View more questions Search