Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gabie09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 05:10 AM
    Get rid of dark hair dye fast!
    Hi I'm called gabie, and recently joined this site in hope to share my worries and distress.
    I'm 14 and have stupidly dyed my hair, from light brown to "permanetly anti-fade black" hair colour! It was meant to be dark brown... I'm due to go back to school in about a week, and I need to get it out fast before then or I'm going to be in so much trouble. I've been crying about it for ages, and I really hate it and I wish I never did it. As its near new year I don't think I can get an appointment for a hair dressers!. please help anyone
    Thanks xx
    hellothere1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 4

Dec 31, 2008, 11:23 AM

Wash you hair lots with washing up liquid, this helped for me (you need to literally do it about 5 or 6 times in a row) remember to condition it loads as well though as it dries it out temporarily.
    ScarletSea Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Jan 2, 2009, 10:11 AM

Hii. Aww nightmare! I would do what the above comment says. Also try lemon juice mixed with water. Im not sure if you will get it that light before you go back to school...
    Oh if your really careful mix equal amounts of peroxide with shampoo, then as soon as you notice it getting light wash it out so it doesn't go too light. Then use a light neutral brown...
    Good luck =]
    unkowwwwn Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 10:21 PM
    Um don't use peroxide with shampoo unless you want your hair to be orange..
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2009, 05:48 AM

The only way you'll get your hair lighter is to use a color remover (ColorFix, Color Oops, Color Zap, Igora Phantom, etc) to get the dark color out. Then you'll have to re-dye with a lighter color. Shampoo and peroxide will do very little on dyed hair. Remember that peroxide won't lighten artificial pigment (it put it into the hair, what makes you think it will get it out?) Lemon juice, similarly, will not lighten artificial pigment (it does a poor job on natural pigment and nothing on artificial pigment).
    alyrivera Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2009, 01:56 PM
    Wash your hair a lot of times I died my haitr dark brown and I hate it and this worked for me
    zoegee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2010, 04:24 AM
    Use vosien it strips the colour but it takes a while xxxxx
    zoegee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2010, 04:26 AM
    I need my hair blond nowwww x
    arcey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2012, 11:56 AM
    Blak hair dye only goes away by letting your hair grow it out. Unfortunately you can't get rid of black hair dye until it grows out, its very hard... any other method you use will just mess up your hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

How to fade dark dyed hair fast. [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I got a deep brown hair colour, and when I dyed my hair with it, it turned out BLACK, we called the company of the dye and they said to bleahc it:|, I don't want to damage my hair that severe so is there any way to allow it to fade naturally, but faster? I've heard of lemon juice and the...

Dark brown hair dye turned my hair red! [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, well I wanted to dye my hair dark brown, and it came out a deep red, that was lighter red at the roots. I had it dyed to ash brown (my natural color) and if faded in about 3 days. So 2 weeks later my hair was red again so I got it dyed ash brown again. And after a few days it started fading,...

Hair Dye Trauma-Hair turned way too dark [ 5 Answers ]

I naturally have darkish brown hair that gets lighter in the summer, then I got highlights, and one time bleach was used. I decided I didn't want so much maintenance, so I decided to dye it back to my natural color. However, the color now is SO dark, and I hate it! I bought a clarifying shampoo and...

Fixing hair color on dark hair? [ 2 Answers ]

I have caramel and ash brown highlights on black hair and wanted to touch up the roots myself... unfortunately, when I used a box of medium ash brown hair dye, it made my roots look a little reddish brown (very slight on the reddish). I also covered too much so it looks like the top of my head is...

View more questions Search