Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hair09012010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2012, 12:32 AM
    I want to go dark brown to blonde with out bleaching
    So I just dyed my hair blonde today but it didn't turn out right. It turned medium brown and I wanted it to be blonde but I don't want to bleach it should I re dye my hair ? And if I do how long would I have to wait ?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 11, 2012, 01:54 AM
    Strictly speaking, changing hair from dark to light isn't 'dying.' You can't cover dark hair with a light color like it's paint; you have to get the dark color out of the inside of each strand of hair. Peroxide is all there is. Hair lighteners contain other ingredients too, to keep the hair from turning a brassy yellow-orange.
    clairemsmith Posts: 122, Reputation: 2

Aug 19, 2012, 01:06 AM
    Joypulv is right. You can't go from dark to light without bleaching. If you're using boxed hair color from a retail store, you can usually go up to 2 shades lighter but not all the way from dark brown to blond.
    Shane moss Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2013, 12:10 AM
    I was very dark brown, and it was dye a few times as well. All I did was put xxl max blonde on and my hair turned out a really nice blonde, and it didn't damage my hair much, compared to bleach this xxl is absolutely amazing.
    Shane moss Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2013, 12:11 AM
    Plus that live colour xxl max blonde lightens up to 8 shades, not just 2 like one of those comments said

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Going from blonde to dark golden blonde/light brown? [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya, I have got blue eyes and olive skin, and blonde hair ( which is rather yellow) it has been highlighted before, but then had just a blonde colour put over it a while go. Anyway, I'm getting a bit fed up of the yellowy ness, and wanting to go dark blonde or light brown? First which do you...

I had light blonde hair, dyed it medium blonde, it turned out very dark brown. WTD? [ 1 Answers ]

I have medium blonde hair naturally. It was light blonde, and my roots were grown out pretty bad, and I bought Wella 711N which is medium blonde, and I used a 10 volume developer. I left it on for 20 minutes, and it turned out pretty dark. I have been washing it with joy dish soap. I read that I...

Mixin 30 volume proixde with dark ash blonde on a dark brown red [ 0 Answers ]

My hair is a dark brown with deep red, I want to go a light brown or mediume light brown, will mixin a 30 volume proxide with dark ash blonde work?

Dark blonde/light brown to dark brown hair [ 3 Answers ]

Hey! My hair color is dark blond or a really light brown.. I-m not sure and I want to dye it dark brown? Is it safe? Or will I be getting a reddish color after a few washes? My natural hair is light brown but I dyed it.. a medium chocolate the stylist said but it really turned out to be a blondish...

From Dark Blonde to Dark Brown back to Light Brown [ 1 Answers ]

I recently lightened my already color-treated brown hair to a dark blonde color. I decided it looked unnatural and decided to dye it back brown. I picked up a light brown dye from the local beauty supply store and it came out way darker than I wanted or expected with a hint of green, and now I...

View more questions Search