Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cravia98 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2006, 07:53 AM
    Hi everyone. This problem has been bugging me for several months now, so I'm giving one of these sites a go, seeing as I can't find the answer myself.

The point is, I want to find a hobby. Seems simple, right? Well, for me, not really...

My life feels like there is something missing. I want, and I'm willing, to commit hours, days, years and maybe even my life to something. You see all these people who spent their childhood's training and practising their hobby and they are passionate about it. They wake up every morning and know that they have that passion, an occupation.

Ive had a sort of a hobby, drawing. The thing is, its not something I want to do when I'm bored. I want something that I can get a kick out of, something physical but accessible. I mean suggesting surfing is not really it, because the nearest seaside is several hours on the train. I don't mind a bit of travel but nothing like that, because I would probably practice every, or every other day.

Ive considered things like dancing/breakdancing, BMXing, boxing and a whole bunch. Ive never tried them though because I don't know what I want, or if I should even bother. There's always been an issue about me being a girl, as most people don't consider half of some sports suitable for girls. Also the fact that I'm 15, that it might be too late for me to start up something as most people start up really young.

Well, if you have any suggestions on what I can consider, if I should even bother or any advice on how I can find 'my something' then please share!
    Thanks.

Oh this little bit might help answer:

Im an active person who likes spending time with my friends outdoors. Im outgoing, usually cheerful, adventurous and slightly mad. Erm, I'm tall (ive been told iceskating and horseriding is not for me because I'm taller than average).
    wildcatgirl Posts: 73, Reputation: 13

Nov 19, 2006, 08:22 AM
    Cravia,
    Hello first off and nice meeting you! First of all, I have to ask, how tall are you? If anyone is silly enough to say you're too tall for horse-back riding, well they're nuts (to put it nicely). I'm not the tallest person in the world, but I am 5'9" and I've been riding horses since I was 3! Do you think John Wayne would have made it to where he did if someone told him he was too tall to ride horses? I think not. Sometimes you just need a bigger horse. A lot may depend on the type of riding you would like to do also. I don't know of any jockeys that are over 5' tall, but it doesn't matter what size you are to ride dressage, or western pleasure, or even barrel racing (that's really fun). But, there are so many things you can do with the right horse--I suggest that if you get the chance, spend as much time with them as possible. You'll get to see there is a lot to love.
    Also, if you like to have a release on life but want to tear things up a bit, I suggest 4-wheelers (or quads depending on the part of the country you're in). Just make sure to stay safe and respect them, but they too can be tons of fun. Plus, they are great in the mud! :p
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Nov 19, 2006, 02:33 PM
    This isn't a suggestion in the physical department, but have you tried taking up a musical instrument. With an instrument, the possibilities are endless.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2006, 02:54 PM
    Try something like bowling or golf.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2006, 04:25 PM
    You can't say no to somehtign unless you try it. So all those options you have considered give them a go.

Try the BMXing the dancing etc and see if you like it. There is no harm in giving it a go.

It is just a matter of trying lots of things and seeing what you like.

Don't let fear hold you back though or the fact that you are a girl!
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Nov 20, 2006, 12:47 AM
    The first thing I want to say is you have the right idea. Just know that you are never too young, tall, or just you being a girl in general should stop you from anything. I would suggest that you just kind of look on the internet, or go to your town's park and rec and see what sports they offer. Local sports are good to start with because they are close and if you really like them you can always go on to state, and national stuff. Just keep your head open, one day you will FIND something you want to do and there won't be a problem. Sometimes you might jump from thing to thing, especially in the case of hobby's, but that's all right so just keep your eyes and ears open. Maybe you will hear about something cool at school you are interested in or something like that. I would suggest that you try your local parks and rec though mainly because you can get a large varitey of sports that are right in you area. But like I said, don't worry because one day you will find it...
    Gillybeans Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2006, 10:22 AM
    I'm 17 and I've just started salsa dancing, I love it! I pick it up really easily too, the fact that you're still young means you can still pick up things quickly no matter whether you do them from the age of 5 or whenever... as long as you enjoy it that's all that matters! I suggest trying dancing though, if 1 type doesn't work out then try another, there are so many to choose from! =] and I'm sure you'll find one that you love!
    rrr Posts: 91, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 08:54 AM
    Programming is great fun (and don't kall me geek *growls*).
    Try liberty basic at Liberty BASIC - Easy Programming for Windows
    It's free, fun and easy to use ;)
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Jan 3, 2007, 09:36 AM
    As a child of the 80's, let me point out that Dungeons & Dragons is still pretty geeky... and not very physical... but a fun way to spend time with your friends and have some fun... :)
    addy Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Jan 3, 2007, 06:54 PM
    Okay
    Umm if you are in School then maybe you should see what they have to offer and if your friends are in something then maybe you could look at a practice and decide if you wan to at least try it.I wish I had been in your posistion, but my parents started me in athletics when I was little, but my ex best friend started softball when she was 11. Then when she was 13 she attempted BAsketball.
    noeymc Posts: 77, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 07:33 PM
    OK my tips for you are try these sports you can start late in life and become great bowling swimming running baseball( it might be hard at first but you will get better) basketball soccer if you like video games try diablo 2, war craft rune scape these games will kill time kind of and if you just went to collect things try football cards Pokemon (lol) yu-gi-oh even what ever makes you happy anyone can be good at a sport as long as they work hard most people only go about 75% I try to go 100% all the time and you can see that because I beat most people in the sports I do cross country would be good for you wrestling and track I am very good at thee sports because I out work people so don't ever think its to late
    rrr Posts: 91, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 01:52 AM
    Judo is fun too (with the right trainers). It doesent matter if you are short or tall or if you are strong or weak. Its fun. Try it. *waves and moves on*
    Nonagon Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 09:22 PM
    I can relate to you. A little younger than you, I'm 6' 2", and I was looking for a hobby a while back. I found my calling in the marching band playing the drums. Its physical, you can drum on anything, and it keeps you entertained. And if you're any more like me you'll take pride in it and really enjoy it. And being a girl doesn't matter, we have 9 people on our drumline and 3 of them are girls.
    horsecrazygal22 Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Feb 9, 2007, 12:11 AM
    I do Karate. It is really fun. You get learn self-defense and compete in tournament. I also ride horses. You just need a bigger horse like a Quarter Horse. I also go bowling. Bowling is fun too.
    donavanyieh Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 03:54 AM

Hi I am a 13 year old boy. Try running. Sometimes when I am bored I just go downstairs and run 10 rounds around the block and run the stairs. It can improve your stanmina o.0 but if you can't do that just practice handstands
    suckmycok Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2010, 09:27 AM
    Comment on wildcatgirl's post
    Suck dik mofo u bastard

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to find a hobby [ 13 Answers ]

I am trying to find a hobby. I have never really had any hobbies in my adult life and I am now trying to find one. I don't know how to even start. I am looking for any help on how to find something that interests me.

Need passion, need a hobby [ 25 Answers ]

I really do wish I had some hobbies but I've never become enthralled in something. Ever since I was young I just wasted my spare time with video games :o It's a bit sad really, there isn't anything I'm really passionate about. I just go out and drink beer and see mates in the meantime. I don't...

How to help someone find a hobby? [ 25 Answers ]

I'd like to help my girlfriend find herself a hobby. We've talked about it, I asked her to explain to me what makes her happy in her life, and I've come to a conclusion that the only hobby she's really interested in is watching television. Now I know that's, first of all, not healthy. She can...

Hobby Suggestions [ 17 Answers ]

I have a brainstorm for you AMHD persons. I need a hobby :D This is what I like, my cats, my dog, my rabbit, I like to read (when I am not cleaning, working 8-5, or laundry.) I feel I would be a more happy person if I had a hobby. I live on an acreage, which I moved to for my husband. I...

Teen [ 1 Answers ]

How do you giv a girl the best orgasm? :confused:

View more questions Search