Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sassyredhead Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 09:50 PM
    Color disaster
    As many other before... first I high lighted my red hair hoping for nice golden highlights. A small patch {right on top of my head} turned brassy, so I used a alburn red dye and it turned a dark maroon color. Doesn't even match my natural red hair. Can I bleach that section to a lite color and then re dye it? Will this cause severe damage? What else can I do? We don't have any good hair saloons in the area. Please help:

Sassy redhead
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Sep 9, 2008, 10:45 AM
    What products did you use? A lightener or a colour? Was your hair virgin?

Sep 9, 2008, 10:54 AM
    Yes I have very healthy hair. I've never done anything to it. I used a professional bleach and toner and it turned orange. Then I put a dye which is the exact color of my hair. Also a professional brand enamels high gloss 6bc. It helped a little but its still very brassy looking. I had the bleach on once for 20mins then 20mins dye and then 20 minutes to rebleach and 20 again to dye again. Am I in trouble? Thanks so much
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Sep 9, 2008, 12:59 PM
    I think you should go and see a stylist honey to avoid any more disasters. You're at risk of over processing your hair. X
    jenn4094u Posts: 128, Reputation: 6

Sep 11, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Stop the madness! It's time to stop and consult a professional... we go to school to learn how to do hair because it isn't as easy as throwing some color on, and a good colorist will help you . Saving money is all good, but you really can make your hair break off and fall out if you continue on this path

Sep 11, 2008, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyredhead
    As many other before....first i high lighted my red hair hoping for nice golden highlights. A small patch {right on top of my head} turned brassy, so i used a alburn red dye and it turned a dark maroon color. Doesn't even match my natural red hair. Can i bleach that section to a lite color and then re dye it? Will this cause severe damage? What else can i do? We don't have any good hair saloons in the area. please help:

sassy redhead
    Oh please understand, I agree with you. Its just I've been really sick and not able to get out much. Our nearest salon that could handle this is 2 hours away. I was trying to do something myself and it failed and I agree... keep it with the professionals!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair color disaster! [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I thinki have an addiction to dying my hair. I just love the change you know? So anyway my hair pulls red really bad because of the well-water at my home. My natural hair is a mix of blonde red brunnette... so here's what happened. I had colored my hair about 2 months ago and it was faded...

Color disaster [ 1 Answers ]

How do I know if I should use a green, blue or violet base toner to correct a brassy red orange color mistake

Hair color disaster [ 1 Answers ]

I have light ash brown hair and have been professionally highlighting it for years. I decided to go brown and used a dark ash brown hair color on my own. It turned my hair black. If I use a color remover can I go with any color or will blonde colors tend to go red?

Yet another hair color disaster [ 4 Answers ]

My first time here. I tried to do a search, but sadly (happily?) no one was dumb enough to do what I have done :o OK. I have dark brown hair, almost no highlights, no gray. My daughter begged me to put highlights in it 8? Months ago. I did, and I let her (she's 11) help me with the back. I...

Hair color disaster [ 3 Answers ]

I used a permanent dye to add highlights to my hair. My hair is nuturally medium brown. I used lt golgen blonde which came out orange. I tried to cover the orange highlights with a brownish/red rinse which just gave me a crayolla looking red. With a little orange hue. I was about to get brown...

View more questions Search