Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yellow123 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2011, 02:01 PM
    Statistics
    What does it mean for a sample to have a standard deviation of s=5? Describe the score in such a sample (describe where the scores are located relative to the sample mean.)

Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2011, 08:45 AM

What do you think is the answer to that? You must have done at least a class about standard deviation and the definition is most probably in your textbook. Next, you only have to express what you understood through an example.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statistics help [ 5 Answers ]

standard deviation, the probability is 0.20 and value greater than 79.2. normal distribution with mean of 62.4.

Statistics [ 1 Answers ]

Suppose that the sales manager of a large automotive parts distributor wants to estimate as early as April the total annual sales of a region. On the basis of regional sales, the total sales for the company can also be estimated. If, based on past experience, it is found that the April estimates of...

Statistics help [ 1 Answers ]

my question is about statistics... I am confused about discrete and continuous variable... my teacher said that stars are continuous variable but why?? I agree they are infinite but they are in whole numbers and will be counted not measured... if we take stars a continuous variable then why don't...

Statistics [ 2 Answers ]

A random sample of 46 observations was selected from a normally distributed population. The sample mean was = 81, and the sample variance was s2 = 35.0. Does the sample show sufficient reason to conclude that the population standard deviation is not equal to 7 at the 0.05 level of significance?...

Statistics help! [ 1 Answers ]

Consider a confidence interval. Explain whether the width of a newly calculated confidence interval would increase decrease or stay the same as the width of the original CI as a result of each of the following changes. How are and changes effected? List all changes. What components of a CI change...

View more questions Search