Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ub38917 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 01:04 PM
    Finding an Owner of a Property
    I am trying to locate the owner of the house next to mine. There is a renter living there who will not give me the property managers info so I can get a hold of the owner. I am trying to get a fence built on the line of the 2 properties. I have contacted my county accessor and received and address. I have sent 3 letters and had no response. Is there any other way to get a hold of the owner?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2008, 02:22 PM
    Try contacting the County Auditor or County Treasurer's office and see who pays the tax bill on the property. Also you could go to the County Surveyor's office and see who owns the property. There are several ways to find out who owns this.
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2008, 03:37 PM
    It sounds like at this point it's more a matter for a private investigator-type deal. You've identified the owner, they just won't reply to you, right?

Is there some specific reason that the renter won't give you the contact info? Have you tried talking to the neighbor on the other side, across the street, etc?

Is it a new owner, or are you a new owner? I'm just wondering if someone around there wouldn't know who the owner or property manager is.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 18, 2008, 07:34 PM
    Of course if the fence is on YOUR property I don't see why you have to even contact them.
    But the recorders of deed office shows the owners name, the property tax record will show who pays the taxes.

There is no requirement that the owners answer you mail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding owner [ 1 Answers ]

Im tryking to find out who owns this house next to our business . The property is vacant and we would like to buy it. How do we find out who owns it?

Property lien with consent of property owner [ 4 Answers ]

May I put a lien on property, with the owners cooperation and what forms, process do I need? The lien would be to secure repayment of a loan to the property owner.

Finding owner of a abanded house? [ 1 Answers ]

Is their a better way to go then a realtor to find the owner of a abanded house. I would I be sure that the realtor just won't buy the house for themselves just to make more money.

Finding an owner of a abandend property [ 2 Answers ]

Hi There has been a house onnmy road which is under neglect and the house has not been registerd but I am intrested in obtaining this property what do I need to do to find out more this property has been empty for around 6-7 years Thank you Hayley:rolleyes:

Property Owner [ 3 Answers ]

How do I find out who the owner of a property is. I only have an address.

View more questions Search