Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pegasus2sh Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 09:21 PM
    Making ownership of a protected file public
    This question is probably similar to the other one, I have changed ownership of a protected file, now how can I make that file accessible to any user or other computer, so that it doesn't say access denied when they want to see it? Basically make it public I am trying to say.:confused:
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jul 15, 2008, 10:32 PM
    Granting full blown anybody access everywhere can have unintended consequences. I suggest you read up on NTFS file system permissions (see HOW TO: Control NTFS Permissions Inheritance in Windows, How permissions are handled when you copy and move files and folders, How IT Works: NTFS Permissions, How to Share and Set Permissions for Folders and Files Using Windows XP, and How to set, view, change, or remove special permissions for files and folders in Windows XP) and then only give access to groups of users or specific users as required. Also note different folders have different default permission structures.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Making a file writeprotected [ 3 Answers ]

Hi to everyone can anybody tell me how to make my file write protected? It only do the execution when I double click & it must not be have the permissions delete,write & read:confused:

Write protected [ 3 Answers ]

Hi ,I having 2 GB flash drive of Transcend company.for some unknown reason that showing "write protected ,disable it to use" message is coming.I tried several ways but not succeeded.how to disable that write protected flash drive.presently it allows to copy from the drive but not to that drive and...

Making several binary files into single file [ 1 Answers ]

We have software which stores data into multiple binary files. We want to combine all those file into single file without compression so that end user will not be confused with several files but be comfortable with single file. We want to know how to make several files into a single file and how to...

Destination file is write protected [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I'm trying to install a program and I'm getting this error message Warning - Can not copy file D:\temp\SETUP1.EX_ since the destination file is write protected I click Ok then another message appear Invalid command-line parameters. Unable to continue Then Setup wasn't complete...

Making several doc files into a single file [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have several word 97 doc files. I wd like to make them all into a single file. Is there an easy way of doing it instead of doing manually inserting each file into current file? 2. Can MP3 files be compressed? Thanks for the reply. Ramdas ?

View more questions Search