Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curious 1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 09:32 AM
    Succession of Father's Estate (Louisiana)
    My father died in 1996 and a succession was never done. I am in the process of gathering information and am not having any luck gaining access to his financial records at the bank. They tell me they only keep 5 years on file but may have old files on micro fiche but I would need the account numbers. All bank paperwork was lost due to flooding during Hurricane Rita. Can a succession be done without proper financial paperwork? I'm sure the accounts totals were no more than $50k, if that much.

Thank you.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 3, 2008, 05:17 PM
    You need to get a lawyer to assist you. There may be time limits your not aware of and its possible the state opened a probate and had a ruling on it already.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony conviction in Louisiana? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a first time offender do I automatically get a pardon?? Is it after I get off p &p fill me in .will I ever get my hunting rights back?? I know full of questions but hey who to ask lol please someone help me out here fill in the blanks the system has left:confused:

Louisiana Inheritance Laws [ 15 Answers ]

In the State of Louisiana, where community property is concerned, if both spouses had children before the marriage (due to previous relationships) and children together during the marriage, if one of the spouses dies and there is no will, who inherits the property?

Breaking a lease in Louisiana [ 2 Answers ]

I signed a lease up until the month of may. I have to move because I have been relocated so I need to break the lease. What should I do? What will I be responsible to pay? Does this end up on credit reports? Will I have to appear in court? How many days am I required to give notice?

View more questions Search