Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muddobber41 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 09:54 PM
    Federal money for felons
    Hi everyone, is there any federal financial aide for felons who are disabled and want too start their own small construction business?:)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 29, 2008, 03:22 AM
    Are you located in the United States? If so, then the following is written for you.

I don't know of any specific grants that are available just because someone has been convicted of a felony. It's possible that you might find a group in your area that is sympathetic to the needs of people who have been convicted of felonies who are also disabled and who might be able to point you in the right direction as well as be a proactive participant/supporter in helping you to obtain needed monies to start a business. One such group that I can think of might be the Safer Foundation. Home - Safer Foundation But, I think that they are only located in certain regions of the U.S. I am sure that there are other such types of agencies located in the U.S.

Even if there isn't a Safer Foundation located or operating in the area where you are located, it would be possible for you to contact them to see if there is a similar type agency around where you are.

If I were you, I would just start filling out the applications for financial aid and grants and see what happens. http://www.sba.gov/ and SCORE "Counselors to America's Small Business" | SCORE are also a couple of other excellent resources for finding out about monies that might be available to start a small business.

What type of construction is it that you are thinking of getting into? I did get your private message, by the way.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 29, 2008, 03:27 AM
    As long as your conviction did not involve illegal drugs, dealing, etc. you should be able to receive assistance through normal channels same as anyone else. Apply for a small business loan. Talk to the bank or ask your parole officer what avenues you have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song that goes like this."money money money, money?" [ 5 Answers ]

Do you know the artists name?

Grant money for felons [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any resources that could provide a grant to a convicted felon (no jail time) to go to school to become a paralegal?

Federal or state taxes on inheritance money [ 6 Answers ]

:) Hi, My father recently passed away and left 50,000 dollars to shared by 4 of his children,The lump sum is to go to my brother and he is to distribute it equally,He say's about 33% has to go to federal and state taxes,We live in Ohio,can you tell me if that is true? :eek: Thanks so much...

Federal Wage information is missing in my W2. How can I pay my Federal tax? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Last year, I was working as F1 in OPT. As F1, I can exempt from society security tax and medicare tax. But the accounting company also exempted my Federal tax and told me that was the way to do it. I thought I could report my Federal tax later, so I let it go. But right now, I get my...

View more questions Search