Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lupevelez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2008, 05:53 PM
    Evicting owner of property
    I have been living with my boyfriend for a year, I have custody of my 2 granchildren which he knew before hand. When his wife through him out of his house he moved in with me at my rental property for about a year, when he finally got his house back he asked me to move in so we did. Now he has changed his mind and wants me to move out. He is noe divorced and was when we moved iin his house.Do I have to move or can I have him evicted? Since he is divorced and we have been living together do I have any rights or do I have to leave?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 1, 2008, 06:15 PM
    Let me see you want to evict someone from the house they own ?

You are kidding right?

You are a live in girl friend, he may have to give you a 30 day notice at most to move out. And of course you are not married to him, so you have no rights at all in a home that he owns or even a apartment he rents under his name alone.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2008, 06:22 PM
    I suppose the only way you have any standing is if you live in a common law state and have been living together long enough to be considered married. That's a big "if" though.

If not, no. You have to go, it's his house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evicting a renter for breaking terms of lease (security of home & property) [ 15 Answers ]

We have rented out our house and signed a lease stating that the tenant is responsible for security of the premises and house. Unfortunately, today we again have found the house with no one home for more than three hours in the evening with the garage open, the garage entry door unlocked and...

Finding an owner of a abandend property [ 2 Answers ]

Hi There has been a house onnmy road which is under neglect and the house has not been registerd but I am intrested in obtaining this property what do I need to do to find out more this property has been empty for around 6-7 years Thank you Hayley:rolleyes:

Moble home repo on private property, not owned by moble home owner [ 3 Answers ]

I am the land owner of some property in Georgia, I let my Sister place her mobile home on this private property. The question is, does the repo company have the right to come on my property and destroy my trees, bust water lines, run over my shrubs etc, be rude and over barring without contacting...

How Can A Owner Of A Property Add Someone To Their Deed [ 1 Answers ]

I live in orlando fla I would like to know how can I as the home owner add someone to my deed. What forms do I need to use. I know already that I have to know the pay off my mortgage before I can so this I have requested this information. If anyone nows in this area can they give me a quicl...

Property Owner [ 3 Answers ]

How do I find out who the owner of a property is. I only have an address.

View more questions Search