Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chiquita_bandita Posts: 44, Reputation: 8

Jul 12, 2007, 11:29 PM
    Relocating out of state
    What are some tips for relocating and buying a home in a different state? I already know things like schools, climate, jobs etc (have family there that I visit frequently). I am wondering more about things like 1. What lenders will be looking at and, 2. What the process entails and where the transaction actually takes place (there or here?).

What do lenders think when one is relocating, do they take in consideration that you'd obviously be changing jobs and therefore wouldn't have time accrued at the new job? As far as finances, what types of things are going to be issues with getting a loan? Are there different things lenders look at when people are relocating to a completely different area?

Also, we don't have good credit. Our current mortgage has a good record, though (that's about it as far as good credit). We got a lot of leeway on our first mortgage, but I am worried about the second time around, from what I understand it's not looked at the same way as a first home, not as easy to do. What might be some hurdles the second time around?

Can you find out if it's possible to get financed for a home before wasting time looking and trying to sell our home now, and can lenders take into consideration that your current home will be sold before buying a new home or do they treat it like a second home?
    chiquita_bandita Posts: 44, Reputation: 8

Jul 14, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Maybe I should simplify my question.

What's the difference, if any, between buying a home in your local area and buying one in a totally different area (from a lenders perspective)?

How does the purchase process differ (what can be done locally and what has to be done in the new state?)?

How does a purchase or loan approval process differ in general when a person already owns a home they intend to sell? Also, how is second time home buying different from the first time?

Any answer would be appreciated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 states: Can I credit state tax of one state to other state [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 W-2. One from job in Mass. Mass state tax is withheld in that W-2. Then I moved to NC and got a new job in NC. NC state tax is withheld in this second jobs W-2. Both W-2 only have state tax withheld from their corresponding states. So can I credit taxes of one state to another and...

Relocating an 8 year old [ 2 Answers ]

We currently live in California and my husband has the opportunity to relocate to Utah. We are very interested in the move because the cost of homes is much less in Utah and this new job would be a promotion. Our biggest concern is our 8 year old daughter. She is currently in 2nd grade and has...

Relocating, building a house in different state [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My family will be relocating within 6 months. In 2006, we traveled to NC few times and we signed the contract to build the house (we paid required $5,000). The construction started Jan 2007. Will we be eligible for travel expense deduction when filing 2006 income taxes even though we...

Relocating from NY to KY [ 13 Answers ]

Ok so I am divorced from my son's farther, I have sole custody and he has visitation every other weekend. I am currently married to a United Sates Soldier who is located in Kentucky. My husband is 33 and I am 25, so no we are not young. I do medical billing for a hospital, I make OK money but...

Relocating to Calgary [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I love drawing. I am by profession a textile engineer. I will soon get my immigrant visa to settle in canada and I plan to live in calgary. I have to think and plan of how I will start my new life there and how to earn money as I don't know a single person in calgary. Regarding earning I have...

View more questions Search