Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 21, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Help! Roots are Taking Over
    HELP!
    We have a situation in our bathroom--in the middle of our home.
    The cabinet at the sink had cracked on the outside--and the floor was always a
    Bit damp.
    I called the plumber--and he found the toilet was needing to be re-seated--and
    We had a bit of a leak.
    He removed the toilet to find roots around the waste pipe--and found they grew
    Into the cabinet.
    Now the tile on the floor and the cabinet need to be replaced.
    But, the roots are still there!!
    What do you suggest we do to kill the root--and how to proceed with the other
    Issues??
    Frustrated in Florida!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 21, 2007, 11:03 AM
    RootX or Robics Foaming Root Killer that contain Dichlobrnic are two products you could try.
    A less expensive way would be to call around to garden supply stores and ask for fine grain Copper Sulphate. Pour some around the closet bend. The roots grew there because of the water leaking down into the soil. Roots will always seek the closet source of water. Kill the roots, stop the leak and they will disappear. Good luck, Tom
    Hope this helps Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maple Roots [ 2 Answers ]

I have this maple in my front yard and a lot of the roots are growing above ground and spreading across my lawn. I was thinking of putting a load of top soil and planting some ivy on top. Any feedback or suggestions? Its getting real hard to mow what little grass that does grow. Ampman

Roots [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what year the mini series "roots" first aired? Thks noboat

Roots [ 1 Answers ]

I have read answers about roots in sewer lines, and adding various chemicals that can help kill the roots. What about the field lines in a septic system, If chemicals are added into the line at the house, they will only "dump" into the septic. Will adding enough of this ever get into the...

Roots in mainline [ 7 Answers ]

I've got a root problem in my mainline. The stoppage is only about 20 feet from my outside 3" cleanout, but is apparently under the house by the front door or maybe just under the cement and brick stoop. We have put a camera down the line and used a sensor, but I've had two different opinions as to...

Taking out tree roots [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I tried to do a search on this first but didn't come up with anything specific to answer my question. We are in a home we are renting but we are allowed to do some outdoor work so we took out some hedge-like bushes in the front of our house by tearing them out with our truck. We tied the...

View more questions Search