Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gidgetlee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2009, 09:08 AM
    Wife put false information on marriage license, visa and citizenship papers
    What happens when someone puts wrong info on their international marriage license, immigration and visa to come to the USA? What and who do you call? The wife is from Morocco and that is where my father and his wife married. She put on the license that she was never married before and a wrong birth date. We have now found out that she lied on all her paper work while in court. She was married to someone from Saudi Arabia and he passed away but she didn't put that she was ever married before on any of here papers for marriage or citizen papers for America and she also has her birth date wrong but we're still unsure of what her real birth date is at this time. The wife is a American citizen now. The most troubling issue is that over a 100,000.00 in money is missing from my fathers accounts and about 80,000.00 in jewelry and assets are also missing. We found some papers showing that she's been wiring money over to Morocco and has been for a few years.
    They also own international property and accounts in Morocco. Does Florida have jurisdiction over international property?

Can someone please help as the courts in Florida seem to pass this information over and think nothing of it. We've talked to an Attorney from the Ivory Coast and we were told that the marriage is invalid if she put any incorrect information on the marriage license. Would they have jurisdiction over the marriage?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2009, 01:18 PM

I would start by filing for divorce and contacting ICE (immigration and customs enforcement) if you believe she intentionally deceived you. But I have heard some people get trapped when turning in a spouse for fraud because you signed all the same legal documents (filled with errors) as she did. As long as you have some kind of proof this might be a good idea.

Or just divorce her and move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Submitting false information to child services. [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have a sister who is dealing with the mother of her ex-husband (whom I will refer to as the grandmother). The grandmother is attempting to attain custody of my sisters children. In doing so, she has contact Child Services. She has also, apparently, told child services a lie concerning...

False information to post office [ 3 Answers ]

My landlord reported to the mail carrier I no longer lived at my current address anymore Which was false. The post office stop delivery of my mail because of this. I put a report in with postal inspections along with the police dept. Prior to this incident I have put in several reports with...

I know a person that create false papers. How can I report him? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a very important question. I know someone who lives in Boston , he came from Egypt by fraudly creating a paper that tells the American Embassy in Egypt that he works for a French company and that they are sending him to the US for Business. Basically his girlfriend is the one who worked...

Marriage license information [ 4 Answers ]

What information will I need to get married in cook county

False information [ 2 Answers ]

There is a condo I had bid on. The contract is final and the asking price was $161,000. I had it appraised since I am going with an fha mortgage and the appraisal came back at $144,000. My question is the seller has only lived there for 5 months and they purchased it for $144,000. Are they by...

View more questions Search