Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Celmama Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2013, 04:07 PM
    Tiny red bugs on dill plants
    Hi, I found these tiny red bugs with black heads clustered around some copper/jewel colored eggs on my dill plant and I'm curious to know what they are. I couldn't find any images (or maybe one) on the web and other searches came up w/ incorrect answers. They are not spider mites, this I know. The body shape is round, not slightly elongated like an aphid, and I did notice they have 1-2 small brown/black dots on their bodies.

The clustered eggs are mostly copper/gold in color and reflect light beautifully. Looking closely at a picture I took, they have little hairs on them, almost like a crown, towards the top of the egg. I'm guessing this is so they stick together better?

I have them in a jar right now so I can continue to look at them while I search, and once they settle down again, they cluster themselves together again.

Does this description sound at all familiar to anyone? I have a couple of great photos I can always send. I live in Massachusetts.
    Celmama Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2013, 04:14 PM
    I just saw that I could attach photos. These are the tiny insects and their eggs.
    Attached Images

aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Aug 14, 2013, 10:25 AM
    Interesting - I found an image of what looks like to me to be the same bug, but it is not identified, hmmm...
    Tiny red bugs II - Largus - BugGuide.Net

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tiny bugs living on plants. [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 plants that I brought in for the winter. They're ghost pepper plants. They're healthy for the most part, still producing, although very slow. Anyway I noticed a lot of tiny bugs on the leaves and stalks. They are either white or very light green. Numbers in the hundreds. What are...

Tiny red bugs only on kitchen floor [ 1 Answers ]

This is the first year this ever happened.. tiny redish bugs on kitchen floor only. I am a clean freak so I know it's not that.. they appear like magic? Sometimes only a few, sometimes 20 or 30.:eek:

Tiny bugs, look like a tiny brain [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, It is that time of year again and those brain bugs are back. They fly, are kind of grey and don't seem to do much. They are around my bay windows and other sills, one on a wall here and there but not as much as the Bay. I was told once they might be sill bugs. Have no idea where they come...

How do I keep my dill herb plants happy and healthy looking? [ 1 Answers ]

Im having a hard time keeping my dill herb looking green and healthy. Am I over watering it? Are there any tricks?

View more questions Search