Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bwilly Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Jun 30, 2013, 07:43 PM
    Deer eating roses
    I have two rose bushes (popup) that I trimmed a lot last fall. With all of the new growth I have had deer eating the new buds and new growth. Does anyone have any good remedies to prevent this? I have not had luck with commercial bought at a home center. Thank you in advance for the help.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2013, 07:53 PM
    I found some recipes on the internet. This is one from e how

Drill a small hole in a bar of deodorant soap (Dial or Lifebuoy are said to work the best) and hang them from your trees with fishing line. Place one bar in each small tree about 3 feet from the ground. Larger trees may need a bar placed every 5 or 6 feet.

Blend 2 eggs with a cup of water. Strain the mixture and add this to a gallon of water. You can let the mixture set for up to 24 hours as desired. Spray on your plants and foliage. Variations on this recipe add small amounts of hot sauce, garlic cloves or minced garlic, dish detergent or vinegar to the mixture.

Read more: Free Natural Deer Repellent Recipe | eHow
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Aug 15, 2013, 03:24 PM
    My neighbor used something like this:
    Deer Sprinkler - Automatic Deer Repellent - YouTube
    Basically a motion activated sprinkler with a relatively hard spray of water that startles the deer when they cross in front of it...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I stop our puppy from eating deer stool? [ 2 Answers ]

What can I do to prevent my 4 month old Malti-Poo from eating deer droppings?

Deer droppings cause worms if eaten. How can I get my malti-Poo to stop eating them [ 6 Answers ]

How can I get my Malti-Poo to stop eating deer droppings? It causes worms if dogs eat the droppings. Thanks <3

The 3 Roses [ 7 Answers ]

A sexually active woman tells her plastic surgeon that she wanted her vaginal lips reduced in size because they were too loose and floppy. Out of embarrassment she insisted that the surgery be kept a secret and the surgeon agreed. Awakening from the anaesthesia after the surgery she found 3...

Roses. What should I do [ 23 Answers ]

I've got a nice rose bush (not sure what kind) well it was nice had good sized flowers and nice folage. This past two years its kindof gone wild on me.. I'm worried about pruining it.. since I've never pruned a rosebush before I don't know where to go about it or how to. I also was wondering what...

View more questions Search