Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pgward Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2013, 04:52 PM
    Unwanted maple saplings in privet hedge
    Every year I laboriously cut Dow maple saplings in my privet hedge. Is there a good way to get rid of them once and for all? I 'm reluctant to use Roundup.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 14, 2013, 06:10 PM
    Instead of waiting until they grow tall enough to need cut... get them a lot earlier when they are only a few inches tall.

It's a LOT easier then and by that height they are easy to identify, and they pull out without any real effort.. That's what I do.

No other way... anything else will kill or harm the hedges.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 14, 2013, 06:24 PM
    This is one reason I always hated privet. Too much work. I don't even want anything I have to clip. Give me a hedgerow of lilacs or something free form. Plus the flowers, and the scent... I wish I could afford a whole hedge of blueberries!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Privet growth [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all I've come here to ask a question about penile growth I'm small its not think I gess but regardless is small and has been that way for a while for like 2 years I am overweight and I'm about to be 16 could my weight be an issue

Stop unwanted maple shoots/sucker branches for good [ 1 Answers ]

I have a couple of healthy mature 18-24" dia. Maples in my view corridor. For the most part, they are bare of limbs for the lower half and full of foliage at their tops which is almost perfect. My problem is every time I trim the occaisional shoot from a lower area, the next year results in 3 or...

Maple tree saplings [ 1 Answers ]

I Just Bought A Home With Rock Garden On One Side Of Front Yard And A Hill With Some Kink Of Low Growing Fir On The Other Side The Problem Is In The Center Of Bothe Are Two Maple Trees That Drop Whirllygigs And Then Hundreds Of Saplings Start Growing How Can I Kill The Saplings Without Killing The...

Privet area. [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 14. Iof course like all girls/women have hair on their "privet areas" well are you sappose to shave that or no? I hear people in school say it but I'm not sure. I am too afraid to ask anyone.. help? :) Krystal

Removing saplings [ 2 Answers ]

I was doing yard work yesterday and cut several saplings (oak trees I think) that ranges from 1/4 to almost an inch thick. I cut them off as close to the ground as I could (I tried but couldn't pull the roots). The main reason for doing this was because I don't want these to become large trees....

View more questions Search