Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carolyn1974 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2012, 06:01 PM
    Need answers about a sick puppy
    OK I have a three month old greman shepherd, Tuesday she was happy, playing outside with us and even playing football with my two kids, then yesterday morning I let her loose and she came in the house and I give her a little bit of her food and she turn it down, she never touch her food at all, she mainly laid around all day yesterday but she did drink some water yesterday and last night and today she ate a small piece of a hamburger from last night supper then after that she will not eat anything but she did drink some water today and this evening, I just offer her a little bit of can dog food and she has not ate any of it yet. Please any suggust will help
    Savanitta Posts: 88, Reputation: 7

Sep 14, 2012, 01:22 PM
    The only wright answer will be from your vet
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Sep 14, 2012, 02:54 PM
    I agree with the vet visit. When a dog is refusing to eat there is something amiss.
    Thee are lots of things that could be going on.
    Has she been properly vaccinated and dewormed up to this point?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 14, 2012, 03:24 PM
    I also agree with the vet visit.

The only guess I could make is that she has an upset stomach. I'm basing that on the fact that you obviously offer table scraps. Dogs can't handle different foods easily. It takes time for them to adjust to different food. In fact, if you choose to change dog food it has to be done gradually, otherwise the dog, especially a puppy, will get an upset stomach.

She took the hamburger, so that would suggest that she's not sick, she's willing to eat, she just doesn't want her food.

What are you feeding her? Is she peeing regularly and pooing?

Still, this is just a guess, and a vet really is your only option.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2012, 11:07 PM
    Parvo?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sick of same old answers about Chihuahua peeing [ 7 Answers ]

I have a SEVEN year old chi. I have done ALL the things suggested in these forums... vets, crates, paper training, praise, taking him out 7 times a day, treats, praise, neutering, pee pads, everything. As I read some of these "answers" they even have an attitude toward people who post...

Free vet answers to sick puppy questions? [ 5 Answers ]

My 8 month old puppy is acting very lethargic, walking slow and seems to have some weakness in back legs when trying to stand from a laying or sitting position. He still has a little appetite and drinks some water. He got into some leakage from our septic tank a couple of days ago, but we had not...

Very sick puppy very sick [ 12 Answers ]

I know I have been reading on this site and others and before I go any further I know my pup needs a doctor. I can not afford one at all right now and they won't make a payment plan with me because I have horrible credit. I have an 8 months old black lab that I was given for free or they were...

My cat is sick need answers [ 9 Answers ]

Hey everyone this is my first time asking a question but I need yalls help! Okay my cat is not in good health. I found him yesterday and he was stiff like and he hardly moves but when he does it is in a slow motion. He won't eat and he has diarrhea. He acts like he really don't want anything...

My 1yr old puppy is sick, vomiting.not worms, sick only in morning. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello:) I am new here.. My 1yr old pup, Gracie, is a house dog, she is 1/2 Pomeranian & 1/2 Min. Doberman. For the last few days she has been vomiting in the morning, that is the only time she does. We are very careful what she eats & as we live in town, she stays indoor.. even to void. She is...

View more questions Search