Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gpatey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2012, 10:26 AM
    Knee Injury
    I recently had severe stiffness, pain and swelling in my right leg after returning from a daily bike ride. The swelling lasted for a week and the stiffness and pain when climbing stairs and performing routine daily activities was unbearable. The lower part of my quad near the knee felt very loose and unstable and was extremely painful to the slightest touch. I could not lift my leg on its own as the pain was too much. After approximately 1 week and RICE the swelling went down, however the pain behind the knee cap shoots through from side to side from time to time. It may go away for a couple of hours and return for several. It is hard walking both up and down stairs as the sharp pain is underneath the kneecap. I have pain in the knee throughout the night which sometimes radiates down into the calf and front of the lower leg. I am awaiting the results of m MRI. Any idea what this may be.
    Savanitta Posts: 88, Reputation: 7

Aug 30, 2012, 10:48 AM
    Maybe your meniscus is ripped it may just need a quick fix with endoscopy. It is a good thing that you had an MRI done .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Treat knee injury [ 1 Answers ]

Do you ice a knee injury first or put heat on it

Knee injury, when to see the doctor [ 5 Answers ]

I fell almost 3 weeks ago. A classic slip type fall. The grass was wet when I walked in it, and then stepped onto the sidewalk, in old old rubber sandals with NO grip left lol. I slid out turned my ankle and hyper extended my knee. My ankle is getting better slowly. It only hurts a little now...

I think I may have a serious knee injury [ 1 Answers ]

About three weeks agos I began developing a sharp pain on my left knee on the inside of it. It only hurt when walking, but when I was resting it was fine. It recently began hurting constantly though and my knee gave out a little bit once. Whenever I bend my knee there is a popping or clicking sound...

Knee injury, helping with the pain [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I am 20 years old and when I was around 12 I had a major rock climbing accident. I lost my footing, the rocks below me gave out and I was on my way down the cliff. I snapped tendons and ligaments in my knees and have had to deal with a good amount of pain since then and I have been told by...

Knee injury healed itself .BUT! [ 1 Answers ]

I had a knee injury that I was seen at the hospital for, and the ER dr gave me a knee brace and told me to just ice the knee and if it wasn't better, then I needed to see a Orthopedic dr. However, I don't have anymore pain, but now I have this "bonelike" lump sticking out the right side of knee......

View more questions Search