Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rfinger Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 03:28 PM
    Powerup of Emachines T2542
    Ok here is the deal. My parents have an eMachines T2542 and a couple of months ago it quit powering on. Im a PC Tech and Im even clueless aobut this one. They originally took it to a local guy in their area for it not powering up. Well upon "testing" it he broke the front power button and in doing so snapped one of the wires that go from the oower button to the motherboard. Well when I got it I went on and changed out the power supply with a new one and started on trying to get it powered on. When I plugged in a new switch to the motherboard it doesn't power up. But the thing is is that I do not know if I am plugging it into the right place because I do not have a schematic of the mobo and I can't find one anywhere. I just want to get this thing fixed so they don't have to go and buy another one. Thanks for everyone's help and input in advance.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 20, 2007, 02:37 PM
    Hmm, not familiar with the T2542, looks like an old model, but the motherboard should be a Trigem. This is all I could fine.

You might be better off getting a new motherboard. You can reuse most of the old parts, like hard drive, cd-rom, etc.
    rfinger Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 11:41 PM
    Yeah when I got to work in better light I saw that one of the controller chips had been scorched so now it's a big paper weight or well a john boat anchor or something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search