Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dhawk282 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 05:20 PM
    Tenant vs. Tenant Dispute
    Hello All,

I have recently had an issue arise with a neighbor a few doors down. She has called in noise complaints that are unfair and some that are just plain false. These complaints have caused us issues with our leasing office. If we continue to get these complaints from this neighbor we could be subject to eviction. I feel that we are being discriminated against because our age. We are young professionals.

What are my rights and options in a situation like this?

Thanks,
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2007, 05:37 PM
    Start by carrying a digital recorder with you are all times when around the apartment complex area. Document all things that happen. You have also want to carry in small digital camera.

He who complaints the most always seem to win. So start watching out for yourself and you complaint if necessary.

Just my opinion
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 16, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Who are they making these complaints to? If the police, has a car been dispatched? Are there any police reports? If to the leasing office, has anyone come to verify them?

Unless someone can present proof of the complaints, the landlord is going to have a hard time getting an eviction if you fight it. File a counter complaint for harassment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leasing Tenant evicting another Tenant [ 1 Answers ]

What is required by the court in the state of Michigan for a listed Tenant to Evict a non listed Tenant on a lease/land contract when the non listed Tenant pays the monthly rent, and all utilities are in non listed tenants name at the residents and both have been a resident from day one and the...

Tenant evicting another tenant [ 2 Answers ]

The Lease is in my name and my husband is listed as a tenant, how do I get him out? Will I have to evict him? If so, how do I go about this, there really isn't a lot of information on one tentant evicting another tenant. Please help.:confused:

Landlord Tenant [ 6 Answers ]

I have a problem with my landlord and the association and I need your assistance. The property is in North Brunswick, NJ In June, my landlord received a letter, dated June 16th, stating that I have placed some miscellaneous items (Couple of buckets and a mop stick) on the deck of my rented...

Tenant [ 4 Answers ]

My question is in New Hampshire deposit law.We moved out,had house cleaned,painted walls and door jams.We gave them 30+days notice.I took pictures but forgot news paper,opps.We have been out for 1 month,but no return of deposit.We have called 3 times,no response.We were told they are having Home...

Tenant [ 2 Answers ]

Does landlord have to actually give you 30 days for eviction or is it automatic?

View more questions Search