Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sinderlue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 03:43 PM
    Planting grass in clay
    I have a new pond, and the soil around it is all clay. What is the best grass seed to plant in this clay that will be good and hardy. This is my duck pond, so I need something that will take hold well. Thanks.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 29, 2009, 07:00 AM

You won't be able to plant grass seed in clay. You will have to top dress and then plant the seed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Planting grass in clay [ 12 Answers ]

We have an acre or so to mow and are looking for a grass to grow in clay (Indiana). We have patches of grass now and are thinking about Zoysia to fill in the gaps. We have fertilized and used gypsum to break up soil (to no avail). Any recommendations as to anything that can be done to the soil? ...

Red clay= no grass? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, we recently moved into a new home, and the site has no grass. There is no soil, only red clay. We have gotten it to grow in several places, but I want nice plush grass. What would be the best seed to use on this kind of ground?

Growing grass in NC clay [ 2 Answers ]

What and how do I do this? I have spent over 300 last season and have scrufy, intermediate grass. (Only grows well over septic tank!! LOL But true) What type and how do I prepare, without having to sod, which probably won't work. New construction site, THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP

Planting grass in clay soil [ 1 Answers ]

We live in Texas in an area that is primarily clay soil. Is bermuda the best grass to plant? If so, when should we begin planting?

View more questions Search