Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gmcgarvey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2006, 10:35 AM
    Craftsman 11 36 runs only on choke
    I recently brought a riding mower Craftsman 11 36 but can only run it on choke.
    I cleaned the carburetor.
    I was going to replace the spark plug(not sure what size it takes and I can't read the number on the old plug).
    Any help getting this mower to run on any setting other than choke would be appreciated.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2006, 10:51 AM
    11hp briggs maybe? J19lm champion or equivalent would do.. as for the carb, exactly how was it cleaned? I would soak it for a few hours in a bath type carb cleaner, then... blow it out with a can of carb cleaner and compressed air, and use a rebuild kit on it... Btw, is there a adjustment needle on the fuel bowl nut?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name and Artist (I try to say goodbye and I choke) [ 3 Answers ]

I need the name and artist of the song that goes like this: I try to say goodbye and I choke, I try to walk away and I stumble, though I try to hide it, it's clear, my world crumbles when you are not here. If you know it please help! Thanks!:D

John Deere LT 160 runs only with choke open [ 3 Answers ]

Rider mower worked OK and then I did end of season service including new spark plug, lube of mower deck, oil change and sharpening blades. It sat idle for some weeks during this and when put back together would run only if choke is semi open. Stalls when set to run position. Have drained tank and...

Inside fan runs, outside fan runs, but air is not cold [ 8 Answers ]

The inside fan runs and runs, the outside fan on the compressor runs and runs, but only hot air comes out. I sprayed the outside compressor coils with the garden hose to clean them and checked the inside filter. Is there something else I could check? Thanks

Choke Chain/Slip Collar - Yes or No? [ 2 Answers ]

I know one should NEVER use a metal choke chain when training a dachshund because of their vulnerable neck bones, but what about using a slip collar? Also, what about either of these with other breeds? Are they necessary? Thanks, Becky Escondido

View more questions Search