Ask
    red grasshopper12 Posts: 238, Reputation: 3

Jun 19, 2008, 01:47 PM
    I want to know about flies
    Are there any flies that bite?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 01:49 PM
    We have black sand flies here in southeastern Virginia and they bite. Horseflies have a nasty bite, too.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 01:50 PM
    Yes. Many species of fly are known to bite.

While they do sting a little, it is a very small bite, almost invisible to the naked eye, but you can certainly feel it when the little buggers chomp down on you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Drain Flies/Sewer Flies [ 24 Answers ]

We moved into this house almost 1 yr ago. At first I didn't notice the flies. We have a shower stall in our bathroom that is in our room. We noticed a leak and stopped using it. Someone mentioned that I should still pour water down the drain, is this true? Our sump pump is in the basement next...

Flies in the house when ac on [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, For some reason, it seems that every time we turn on the air conditioning, our house becomes infested with flies. I guess it's possible that these flies are coming in when we open the door, but is it possible it's coming through the vents? Thanks.

Flies all over my house [ 9 Answers ]

For the past 3-4 months, I've got a huge fly problem! I don't know where they came from, or how I got them! They're smaller flies, but they look like regular flies. I've got fly strips hanging from my ceiling in every room! Real attractive! I catch about 25 flies on every strip each time! I...

Gnats and flies! [ 4 Answers ]

I've had a problem with gnats ands flies for a long time now. I have 3 rabbits, 2 cats 1 puppy and I keep their areas of the house clean. They were usually in the kitchen but now they are everywhere. People can't come to my house because I'm afraid of what they may think of my housekeeping skills,...

Biting Flies [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know a remedy for biting flies?. we get them really bad and can't be outside at our beach cottage. HELP!

View more questions Search