Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tuttled Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2007, 06:59 AM
    Change Fuel Filter?
    My Craftsman riding lawnmower is cutting out while the engine is running. How do I change the fuel filter?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 08:05 AM
    It should have 2 clamps on it. One on each side of filter.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 07:15 AM
    Get Either 2 Pair Of Small Vice Grips, Or Forceps. Or 2 Golf Tees Will Work As Well. And A Pair Of Pliers.

1. Find The Fuel Line.
    2. Look For The Cylindrical Shaped Or Small Round Fuel Filter, Usually Plastic And White, Red Or Clear In Color.
    3. If Using Anything Besides The Golf Tees. Clamp The Fuel Line, Remove The Clamp On Each Side Of Fuel Filter.
    4. Remove Fuel Filter.
    5. Reinstall New Fuel Filter.
    6. Reinstall The Fuel Line Clamps.
    7. There Now You Know How To Do It.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1996 Ford E350 Power Stroke Turbo Fuel Filter? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I Have just purchased a 1996 Ford E350 with 7.3 Power Stroke Turbo. I need to locate the Fuel Filter? Thank You to who ever answers this one:) :)

'95 Honda Civic Fuel Filter [ 5 Answers ]

I am having problems starting my car. I believe it's the fuel filter. I do not have my owner's manual. I cannot find the location of my fuel filter, for the life of me. Can someone please provide the exact location or give me a link to a diagram? Thanks in advance!

Where is the fuel filter [ 1 Answers ]

I've been trying to fix my car, but no gas is getting to the engine. Everybody is telling me they can here the fuel pump turn on so I'm thinking it's the fuel filter or one of the fuel wires or cloged.. CAn any one help me... The car sounds like it's going to turn over any second but won't I...

Please advice with changing fuel filter on my '90 Civic [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Could anyone offer advice on how I change the fuel filter on my Honda Civic 1990 , it is fuel injection. I hear that I first need to unbolt the banjo bolt but I don't know which one it is. It would be great if anyone knows of a place online that might have photo's on how to do this and...

View more questions Search