Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grets Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2003, 03:25 PM
    He butchered my maple tree
    I had a maple tree that was over 3 stories tall in my front yard. It was starting to lean on the house, and a neighbor offered to trim it down. We agreed he was going to cut off one of the "forks" that was leaning on the house, and he would "trim the top of the tree. I specifically told him, that I didn't want to remove the tree because I liked the shade it provided.
    I just came home from work, and the only thing in my front yard is a 15' trunk, with no branches. He tells me he misunderstood what I wanted! And that it will grow back. Is this true? How long will it take? And did he butcher it or not?
    MrsAdams Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2003, 10:26 PM
    he butchered my maple tree
    Well... honestly trees are picky... it just depends on the health of the tree if parts of it will grow back but... it will never look the same.. most often you'll be left with a stump... I hate to say that and sorry for your loss... I'd hafta kill the man! LOL...
    ptctree Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Oct 31, 2007, 04:57 PM
    I have a degree in this thing... yes it was poorly pruned! A maple will sucker back but after time it will just decline. However the suckers should be back be next season.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red Maple Tree [ 3 Answers ]

I have a red maple tree and something is eating the leaves. I need help to find out how to stop the pest and what to use to stop them

Which red maple tree? [ 1 Answers ]

PLease help me decide which red maple tree to plant. I live in Greensboro, NC and the site is in full sun with somewhat clay soil. I am looking for a beautiful fiery red tree with a good shape. I am confused about the cultivars "October Glory", Autumn Flame, or Red Sunset. The pictures I have...

Maple tree and gourds [ 1 Answers ]

My mother has a maple tree in her front yard, probably 15 or more years old. It has these weird looking things on it. She took a piece of it to the nursery and they told her it was gourds and that bees or wasps do something to them and that they are impossible to get rid of. They are multiplying...

Tap root for maple tree [ 2 Answers ]

In my front yard I have a 30-35 foot norwegian (?) maple Tree it is planted close to my incoming water pipe As well our outgoing sewer pipe. The sewer pipe looks as though it is 3-4 feet below ground and the water pipe is 2 feet deeper . The tree trunk is 1-2 feet from the outside ...

View more questions Search