Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    revans9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2009, 11:28 AM
    How Can I Shield or Replace The Glass Shield in a Single Light 256-759 Track Light
    I purchased a Hampton Bay Single-Light Track Light (256-759) to be use for my wife's statuettes in a lower bookcase. The light works great but unfortunately, the translucent glass shield around the bulb gives out too much light through the glass and is very distracting when looking at the statue.. How can I cover or replace this shield so that the light is only emitted from the end of the bulb and not through the glass shield? The glass shield gets VERY hot. I do not want to "cover" the glass shield with a material that may be flammable so the obvious solution would be to obtain a substitute shield which would not permit light except though the end of the bulb. How do I get a substitute shield? Are there any other workable solutions?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2009, 03:37 PM
    Would like to get more info to help.

Distance of face of lamp to object.

Wall surfaces type.

Model number of lamp (light bulb)

A picture tells a thousand words.

Many manufacturers make colored glass lens for what I think you have, an MR16 halogen. The glass lens must remain on the face of the reflector, per the lamp manufacturer.

Not familiar with the HB line if it offers accessories.

Sounds like you may have a flood and you would be happier with a narrow spot.

Just guessing, is the object washed out with too much light?

Though halogen MR16 can be dimmed, not what the lamp was made for, made to deliver a punch of white light. And dimming can shorten life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Shield anti virus [ 3 Answers ]

Is The Shield a good anti virus?

Can I replace glass for pilot light window? [ 1 Answers ]

We have an older Coleman wall Natural Gas heater. The glass is missing where you can look at the pilot light (some foil has been stuck in there). Is there a certain type of glass we can put in there? We are selling our house and the inspector said to replace it.

Soldering heat shield [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to protect wood studs and fiberglass insulation when you are soldering inside wall stud bays ? I have to solder a 1.5 inch elbow and there is only about one half inch between the wood stud and the elbow. Someone told me that aluminum foil is a good heat shield. I have some thin...

View more questions Search