Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scotchtape Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Nov 2, 2006, 04:12 PM
    Out of State Tuition
    The price jump from in-state to out-of-state tuition is INSANE. Is there any way to avoid it? Does anyone know for how long you have to be living in a state to be eligible for the in-state prices? For example, could you move to an apartment a week or a month before school starts and be able to pay the lesser amount? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2006, 07:05 PM
    Every state has different residency requirements. But I venture to say that moving someplace a month before college does not qualify you as a resident in any state. Colleges and universities are pretty wise to that sort of ploy. Do some homework on the state requirements. Tuition is just the price of higher ed.
    lacourset Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 11:15 AM
    If you go to the univiersity of choice web site you will find the residency ruling. You cannot move in for a few months and get in-state residency.

Here are a couple links.
    http://enrollment.fgcu.edu/registrat...ForTuition.pdf
    http://www.ureg.ohio-state.edu/ourwe...guidelines.pdf

Hope this helps,
    T
    karent23 Posts: 133, Reputation: 8

Apr 2, 2007, 04:05 PM
    I know my friend goes to college in TN and her parents bought a condo out there. She gets in-state tuition and I know she didn't live there for very long.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Private tuition [ Debate ] [ 3 Answers ]

Hey peeps, Im going to be debating the motion " Private tuition brings more disadvantages than advantages" and I'm on government. Could anyone help me out? Both pros and cons of private tutoring are welcomed!

Tuition deduction - F1 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, if I'm on F1 visa, can I deduct tuition as higher education expenses? 4,000? Thanks a lot!

Paying fiancŽ's Tuition? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I am a graduate student and am engaged to be married in August of this year, 2006. The only debt I currently have are undergraduate student loans. I have a small amount of savings and am able to support myself while going to graduate school without taking out more loans. My fiancé...

Tuition fees deduction [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was on F1 in 2003 and 2004 and now on h1b. I did not claim any eductaion expense tax benefit while I was on F1. So far I paid school fees from my own pocket. Can I claim tuition fees deduction while filing this years return?

Tuition [ 5 Answers ]

I seriosly need to know the pros and cons of tuition(extra classes).I am joining a debate:eek: Please send me links to other websites which r related to what I need to know.Please do help and thank you.

View more questions Search