Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Top_one Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2009, 02:52 PM
    What is the difference between a college and a university?
    I am 27 yrs old and I am Russian. Now I live in Europe and they have colleges and universities here. What's the difference. At the college I can get either a diploma, Bachelor or MBA. Can't I get the same education at a university or does a university provide different courses? And at the age of 27 can I start a college for a Bachelor degree?:confused:
    rwinterton Posts: 289, Reputation: 15

Feb 11, 2009, 09:58 AM

Usually the size of the school and the number of programs that it supports. Most universities offer Ph.D. degrees as well as masters and bachelors degrees. However, even universities vary in the programs they support. For example, some might have basic programs while others might have more advanced programs.

If the college you choose has a program for the courses you wish to study, you can get the same education at the college as you do at a university (generally speaking).

There are some who value the "name" of the school. For example, a degree from Columbia or Yale University might be more valuable in some cases than a degree from a much smaller college. However, some people prefer the "intimate" environment of small colleges and the personal attention that they can get from instructors.

I know many people who start Bachelor's degrees at 27 or even older. My father-in-law started his bachelor's degree when he retired (at age 65).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between undergraduate and pre-university [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell the difference(s) between undergraduate and pre-university? Or is it the same thing? I need to know the difference in helping me to choose schools/universities in UK for my A-Level study next year...

College/University for M.Sc Bioinformatics in Bangalore [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am Thirumaran, completed my B.Sc Biotechnology in Pondicherry University. Now I prefer to do my M.Sc in Bioinformatics in Bangalore. So can you please guide me with some colleges and universities in Bangalore which provide M.Sc. Bioinformatics. Thank you

University/college= grades [ 1 Answers ]

What is the minimum grade average you need to earn in order to get accepted to college for nursing?:confused:

Online accredited college or university [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I'm new to this site... I'm wondering if anyone knows about a good online accredited college or university with minimum pay?? I've completed 12th Grade from Calicut University, Kerala, India and am interested in Business Management. [email protected]

View more questions Search