Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SheAintRight Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 10:22 PM
    I love me some Florida gators!
    Here's my question. Plain and simple.
    Is it hard to get into University of Florida?
    What should my gpa be?
    Should I be involved in sports?
    If so, what kind?
    What about SAT scores?

I'm only in middle school. But I figured id start preparing.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2009, 12:47 AM

Hi, SheAintRight!

Yes, it's good for a person to plan ahead and to set goals for themselves!

As far as how hard it is to get into the University of Florida, if a person has good enough grades, I would think that it wouldn't be too hard.

How well do you do in school now?

Admission requirements can be found via clicking on the following search.

University of Florida Admission Requirements - Google Search

If you would like to find out about the sports and athletic programs there, you could click on the following links.

University of Florida Sports - Google Search

University of Florida Sports Athletics - Google Search

I wish for you only the best!

Thanks!
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2009, 08:12 AM

Ah, Gator Country. From what I know, it is a competitive school, but it is a state university so if you're a Florida resident you have a greater shot at acceptance because the state gov't hands out grants to universities that enroll residents of the state. But, before you get excited, you should hear this story.

My cousin, a Massachusetts resident, has been accepted to Boston University and was rejected from UMass Amherst for the nursing program. To get into BU you need at least a 3.5 GPA (university requirement, even higher for her major) and a mere 3.0 for ZooMass. According to her high school guidance councilor, it's because the expensive private schools are hurting for enrollment because barely anyone can afford them so everyone is going to the cheaper, public universities.

Also, there was a news byte a couple weeks ago saying tenured professors are getting canned at University of Vermont because the school can't afford their salary with "the economy today".

I'm not sure if this is an opportunity or a threat to up and coming college freshman. The lesser the enrollment, the greater the incentives will be to attract new matriculants, but, it could also have a negative affect on reputation of the school.

The moral: apply to some decent private universities if you think you have a shot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Love triangle, I love her but she doesn't like me back and it really hurts me [ 67 Answers ]

Hi all, I think I'm in a love triangle, where I love a girl who loves another guy, but that guy doesn't love her that much as I love her. My story began with this girl, she moved to my house to study in my town, as her parents were far away from her and her parents were also my parents' friends. So...

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

Love in a time of Cholera. How long would you wait for love? [ 5 Answers ]

I'll try and keep this short and to the point. I was in a 7+ year relationship with a man I met while overseas, we fell in love instantly and kept in touch after our brief encounter, till finally we started to plan my trip to his country for a 3 month stay - I was prepared to do it, I was deeply in...

Buckeyes vs. Gators AGAIN! [ 6 Answers ]

For you non-U.S. folks, I'm talking College National Basketball Championship... Pretty wild, huh?? Does anyone know when the last time that the same schools played for the National Championship in both Basketball and Football in the same year? I sure hope the Buckeyes give the Gators a...

Congratulations Florida Gators! & new script Ohio [ 15 Answers ]

Boy they sure ruled the field. The Bucks looked like High Schoolers. Wow! Now I'll have to re-train my snake to heel at his new name :p

View more questions Search