Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blogg Posts: 61, Reputation: 4

Nov 11, 2008, 05:52 AM
    German university
    I really blank about there cause I from Asia, so I want to know that:
    Which language that are used primary when the professor give a lesson, German/English/both of these language?
    How about the text book?
    Thank you for answering my question
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2008, 06:14 AM

Hi, Blogg!

If a person goes to study at a university in Germany, most of the students will most likely be from Germany or surrounding countries, so German will be the language that will most likely be used in the classes as well as the textbooks. It's possible that some books that will be required to be read might be in English or even in some other language other than German or English depending on the courses that are taken.

For instance, when I was studying organ music at the University of Iowa in the U.S. a book was recommended for me to read about organ music. It was available in the music library. However, it was all in German! If I recall correctly, there was no translation of the book in print. My point is, that what language is used may very well depend on the course of study that's pursued.

Thanks!
    Fiona2003 Posts: 45, Reputation: 11

Nov 11, 2008, 06:23 AM

Hi, I attended University of Kiel for 2 years but am an American. Lectures are done in German unless you are taking upper-level English courses (those are done in English). It is possible that some courses will be given in English if the professor is not a native speaker and feels more comfortable lecturing in German. However, it is not unusual to have English language textbooks, especially in fields such as Computer Science or Linguistics.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2008, 06:29 AM

Why don't you ask the university? They will be able to answer your query better than us.
    Blogg Posts: 61, Reputation: 4

Nov 11, 2008, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin View Post
    Why don't you ask the university? They will be able to answer your query better than us.
    Wow, I'm sorry Capuchin. Just want to hear all about it that you guys know so far and pretend to less formal. Thank you...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grandparents were German Jews - Can I get a German Passport? [ 2 Answers ]

I know a few years ago there was a program that allowed children and grandchildren of Holocaust-era German Jews to apply and receive German passports. I cannot find any information about this on the internet, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My father's parents both...

Is Washington International University another mill university? [ 9 Answers ]

Please help me to answer about the status of WIT university...

Kennedy-Western University NOW Warren National University [ 54 Answers ]

Forgive me if this question has already been asked and talked about. I am enrolled with Kennedy-Western, and now have a bad feeling about them. I cannot find where they are an "Accredited" postsecondary school, only licensed in the state of Wyoming. Does anyone know and can prove to me that they...

Is TUI University formerly (Touro University Intl) rec. By US DEPT of ED. [ 3 Answers ]

I am in the military and I was thinking of starting a Master's Degree at TUI University. I just wanted to know if I am wasting my time or is this degree going to be useful in the civilian world. i.e. is it recognized and Accredited by the U.S Dept of Education, like maybe IU, PURDUE Or Notre dame?...

View more questions Search