Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    strong__dan Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Oct 27, 2008, 11:34 AM
    Upset and don't know what to do
    I'm currently in my second year of university and I'm trying to get into dentistry! In order to get into that I need to 2 years of high marks of arts and sciences. This year I have trying really really hard, I got into tests knowing everything but yet, I have failed every midterm. I'm really upset and its not like I'm not trying! I really want to do this I just don' think its possible and I don't want it to take 20 years. What should I do? Can I do this? I feel like giving up and I'm always so upset and down
    AWess Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Oct 27, 2008, 05:39 PM

Strong Dan,

Yes, you can do this! You seem to have a great deal of motivation and it's one main thing many students lack. Yet, you have it, then GO FOR IT!

You're saying you've been trying really hard, yet you've failed your midterm exams. Have you studied the right stuff or studied the wrong stuff too hard? Might be the reason you couldn't get better grades. Are you stressed out during exams? Do you study at the last minute or study constantly throughout the semester? Think about it. Think about what you could do to improve your performance. Also, do you understand every concept or do you simply memorize?

If you're too stressed out and too anxious about not being able to make it into dentistry, it won't make your performance any better. Have you considered talking to a counselor? They might be able to help, give you tips on what exactly you should be working on. Also, consider a tutor if you struggle with your courses. Anything could help.

I am sure you're aware of it, but right now you should focus on studying hard to get the grades you need to get into dentistry. But don't focus too much only on the grades, but on understanding the material and assimilating what you learn. I don't know what else to add here, but too me it sounds like you have the potential -- you only need to use it properly in order to get where you want to get. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I right to be upset? [ 5 Answers ]

I have two children with my husband and he has two from a prior marriage. I have an issue that I cannot seem to get past and am looking for some opionions. I am not going to use any feedback as ammo to start this fight again but am rather looking for a reality check. My stepdaughter was...

Do I have a right to be upset? [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter is getting married in May. My sister, is her godmother and her daughter is a junior bridesmaid who is 13 going on 14 and is in the wedding. My sister lives about an 8 hour drive from me. I told her a year in advance that I would be having a shower for my daughter the day before...

I am so upset. [ 1 Answers ]

My mums going through the menopause and she has been having really weird hormones and I have been getting the brunt of it , Its making me suicidal, I spend days in my room at a time and when I try to talk to her about it she says its me but the thing is we didn't fight before and I am watching...

Really upset! [ 5 Answers ]

I came on my periods on Friday and I have been trying to get pregnant.. am I best to see my doctor when I finshed my period? What sort of test will they do? I'm so upset it feels its never going to happen!! :(

Everybody upset at me... [ 4 Answers ]

I tried to live by my own but I couldn't wasn't ready for. Now I am. Anyway. I lived for three month by myself. The people there were my friends. So I bonded more with them and I enjoyed freedom... so now sometimes on sundays I don't go to granmas or at saturdays I skip some casual joinnings with...

View more questions Search