Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bereketbarcelona Posts: 15, Reputation: 0

Sep 26, 2008, 08:22 PM
    Getting into stanford
    Do you think I will get into Stanford?
    Is there anything I can do to improve my chances of getting accepted into Stanford?
    Acedemics: I didn't do an amazing job in grade 9 and 10 but I got a 90% average in the first semester of grade 11 then a 97% average in the second semester.

I did badly on my SAT's but I'm doing a retake

Sports: I play soccer ( captain and co- founder of high school team) on recruting list for stanford soccer team but not recruted do to geographical issues

Volunteer: over 50 hours under my belt (I know it isn't much)

Story: I was chased out of my home country ethiopia during the ethiopian-eritrean war, since my paerents are from opposing countries
    I've had to then live in 6 cities and 4 different countries
    I have also had to attend 4 different highschools whch is one of the reasons I only settle and did well in my Junior year
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 07:38 AM

What did you get on your SATs and what is your overall cumulative GPA? If it's anything below a 3.2 I can tell you right now you probably won't get in.
    fruz Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 01:02 PM

The admission department will be looking at your whole transcript. They need to see consistent improvement in your transcript from junior to senior level.

But even with a very good transcript and SAT scores, it is very hard to predict what or how the final decision is made. Your best bet is to hope for the best. You will either get accepted or rejected and worrying about it won't change anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search