Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thinkpatti Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 02:13 PM
    deferred down payment
    An automobile was purchased for total price of $10k. The down payement of $1k was deferred. What would the asset value be for depreciation.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2008, 08:49 PM
    Cost concept. Assets are recorded at the cost at which they are purchased. Payment has nothing to do with it.

Unless you're somewhere besides the U.S. where the rules are different. I don't know what you even mean by deferring the down payment. If it's deferred, how can it be a down payment? So that makes me a little suspicious about where you're located.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Purchase on Deferred Payment Contract [ 3 Answers ]

Hi: I need help with the following: Hitech Industries purchases new electronic equipment for its telecommunications system. The contractual arrangement specifies 10 payments of $8600 each to be made over a 10-year period. If Hitech had borrowed money to buy the equipment, it would have have...

Deferred Taxes [ 2 Answers ]

The Armor Co. reported Deferred Tax Liability of $4,000 on 12/31/00 and $7,000 on 12/31/01. The only timing difference in reporting to the IRS and shareholders relates to depreciation on a building. Armor reported building depreciation expense of $20,000 on its 2001 income statement. Armor’s tax...

Can they reposess my car after they agree to payment arrangements and take my payment [ 5 Answers ]

I bought a car in 06 and I have been paying on it every two weeks. I have been a little behind but I still pay or talk to someone about when I will pay... I have never lost communication with these people. I am only one payment and some late charges behind Monday I made a payment on the due date of...

Can a collections agency refuse payment or payment arrangement ? [ 2 Answers ]

I owe a hospital bill of $1000 from back in march and it has gone to a collections agency. Now my problem is, my insurance company actually sent me the check to make the payment. They instructed me to put it into my checking account then send a personal check to the creditor. However when I put...

View more questions Search