Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bremerpc1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2006, 12:45 PM
    Dll error
    When I try to install SP1 for IE6, I get this ie6wzd.exe error-Entry Point Not Found-"The procedure entry point CoInternetGetSession could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dll." I don't know how to make it right so that it will work.:confused:
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Jan 29, 2006, 08:53 AM
    If this is W2K or XP, do you have Administrator rights on the account you are logged in with?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2006, 09:51 AM
    Hi, Bremerpc,
    From all references on the web about this, it is possibly spyware that is causing you not to download IE SP1. I have never seen this personally, but if you wish, do the steps below, and it might solve the issue, but not absolutely sure:

If you think you already have Spyware/Advertising Ware in your computer, run these as follows:

AdAware at:
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com
    Download: AdAware_SE V 1.06

SpyBot Search & Destroy V 1.4
    http://www.spybot.info/en/download/index.html
    All of the above programs run better and much faster when run in SafeMode.

To get into SafeMode:
    Re-boot the computer, and immediately after starting up, Press and hold down, F8, at top of keypad.
    When the options show on the screen, use the up and down arrow keys on the keyboard to select
    "Safe Mode".
    Press Enter

It's best to run the AdAware scan first; 3 times; then re-boot.
    Then, run the AdAware scan again 3 times. Then, run SpyBot, and then CWShredder.
    Re- Boot.
    Reason for running so many times:
    Some of these trojans' files can be deleted the first time; leaving some others; but on re-boot, they re-write the files that were deleted.
    Running multiple times deletes most of it the first
    Time.

If you wish to have a great program, after you clean out Spyware/Advertising Ware:
    This program stops this stuff from getting into the computer in the first place, by placing URL's in the browser, stopping them instantly. One of the Very Best free programs anyone can download! Updates of AntiSpyware Definitions are available on almost a weekly basis.

SpyWare Blaster 3.5
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbupdate.html

Free online scan at:
    http://www.trendmicro.com/spyware-scan/

I apologize in advance if you already have AdAware and SpyBot. I would try the Free online scan first a Trendmicro, see if it finds anything. You can safely delete anything it finds. If it does find something, then delete it, re-boot, and try the Windows Update again for SP1.
    I do wish you the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to fix this error... [ 17 Answers ]

Well its about outlook express... every time I open it there's an error show here it is: :confused: The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:...

ATI error [ 2 Answers ]

When I downloaded radeon 9550 256 mb I get this message "ZERO DISPLAY SERVICE ERROR" How can I fix this? XP Home 512 memory 80 g hard drive

My dos error [ 2 Answers ]

I try to install a software but my computer say there is error: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application My computer...

Error [ 2 Answers ]

I have a game I tried to download and all that comes up is the message as follows. 16 bit c drive / autoexc.nt system file not suitable. It's a old game that says for win 95 and I have a win. XP does this matter? Thank you

Vxd error - win me os [ 3 Answers ]

Windows ME refuse to startup on a friend's system. It sticks with this error message: An exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C004C715 in VXD VFAT (01)*000025. This was called from 0028:C182A5C0 in VXD voltrack (04)*00000430 It may be possible to continue normally. Well it doesn't continue...

View more questions Search