Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FrogGirl83 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Mixing two shades of fabric on sofa and chair
    We picked out a sage colored sofa/loveseat set and would like to purchase a recliner that is same material(microfiber?) but it's a lighter shade of sage. They are same color but don't match in shade(hue?). I'm afraid people will think we tried to match them. Is this something that is a decorating faux paus?

We tried having a taupe chair come with the set and it looks okay but the taupe doesn't match the décor as well as the sage. It almost clashes with the paint/fireplace. I think it would look okay but my fiancé thinks people will think we tried to match it.

Help!:confused: :confused:
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 01:22 PM
    I don't think there are any rules anymore to be honest. I have a chocolate brown sofa and a chocolate brown chaise and they don't match. I don't care and no one else does either. If you like it who cares. Sage is beautiful and remember it matches itself. I say go for it!
    FrogGirl83 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Thanks, I'll show my hubby your response and hope he gives in. I think they'll look fine but the furniture guy caused my hubby's doubts when he mentioned people will think we tried to match and FAILED (that's the word that made him shudder).

Thanks again!
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Hey men don't get anyway ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mixing Fabric Chairs with Leather Sofas [ 3 Answers ]

I am moving into a larger home, and my living room furniture (a leather sofa and leather chair) make the new space seem very empty. I was wandering what other pieces of furniture (e.g. chairs) that I should buy, and what type of material and pattern would go best with a deep brown (almost a little...

Just want a product that work.want to go 2-3 shades lighter [ 2 Answers ]

Heprollow every one, I just came across this sie by chance. I am looking for a product that will lighten my face and body 2-3 lighter. This is all very confusing because I am a little shocked at all the drama inregards to this topic. I have been bleaching my skin since 1999 with a product call...

What kind of chair is this 'Lady Chair' ? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I recently inherited a chair shown in the following photos: http://forsale.surfbytes.com/chair1.jpg http://forsale.surfbytes.com/chair2.jpg http://forsale.surfbytes.com/chair3.jpg It is lacquered, with a curved wood back and seat.

Painted sofa and chair [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to go about painting a cloth sofa or chair and the result is that it looks exactly like leather. I have seen the instructions but can't remember where. Thanks for any help that you can give me. omapick

How many shades and how fast [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, For those who used whiterskin complex, how many shades did you get from it and do you compliment it with some other cream or not. Also how fast did it work, I'm still waiting for my order. Thanks Also, thank you AskMeHelpdesk and all who contribute to having this forum.it is a pretty good...

View more questions Search