Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2007, 03:50 PM
    Open Software Twice?
    I use a program to ftp stuff to websites... and have a big upload going on. While uploading, the program cannot open other files and do other tasks.

In Windows XP or Vista can I somehow open the software again and use it separately?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 10, 2007, 01:59 AM
    Really depends on the app itself.
    Some don't allow more than one instance running at a time.
    Maybe a simple case of switching apps.
    I use SmartFTP for this kind of work and it will allow multiple instances, best of all it's free for non-commercial use.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Aug 10, 2007, 08:24 AM
    FYI, Filezilla is a nice FTP client too
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 10, 2007, 08:28 AM
    It works for me when I send coloring books in PDF. I just open another window and log on again, so I know that YouSendit.com works.

P.S. Hi Curley and RickJ

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which software? [ 6 Answers ]

Which software that is image maker can unlock all locked CD?

Software Pathname [ 4 Answers ]

:)I am using Windows XP, I am needing to enable long pathnames but I am not able to locate the setting to enable it. Where would this setting be located and what would the name of the setting be? Thank you all for any information provided. I am new to posting so forgive me if this is long.

Software [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to learn as much as I can about computers and how they work, I'm getting a little knowledge about computer hardware but totally in the dark when it comes to computer software. What is .txt .com .dll and all these files mean? And things like fat32 etc... etc... Thank you Ronnieca55

Old software [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for a program called "sonia constructor" made by www.metafactor.com. It is used by hypnotherapists to construct relaxation- and hypnosis tapes. Unfortunately, the website as well as the email-adress are vanished. Is there nevertheless a way to get the program ?

Software [ 3 Answers ]

Hey according to you,, when you download kazaa,, is there any foolproof software or procedure to properly delete the lot of spy stuff which would be containing at the kazaa

View more questions Search