Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2006, 12:37 AM
    World Cup 2006
    Now that the first round is over, we on the 16th round.

I would LOVE for england to win it.. I'm a BIG fan, have always been, but their football tactics surprise me sometimes (but not in a good way :mad: ).

Who do you think will become world cup champions 2006?
    Or you do you think will play the final? Which two teams?
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Jun 23, 2006, 02:36 AM
    Argentina vs Brazil with Argentina winning 3-1
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jun 23, 2006, 02:39 AM
    On current form,Argentina against Brazil,will be the final.I said to friends,that I felt Argentina would win it,and I still hold that view,although,Brazil are as unpredictable as Graham Poll. :D
    Did you see his refereeing blunders last night.He booked Croatia's Josip Simunic three times,before sending him off.He missed rugby tackles,trips,and play acting.The game ended 2-2,and in chaos.Sorry Graham,you my be an English ref,but your total c**p!!
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2006, 02:42 AM
    How about Italy?
    When do you guys think Italy will get booted out?
    Before england?

No chance I guess for england to win it, thou a couple of my english mates really believe the cup is ours... I'm not so sure of that althou I really wish.
    It would be total chaos here if they did win, party island.

Jun 23, 2006, 02:54 AM
    Italy vs Australia,Monday,26th June.As an Englishman,I want the Aussies to win,or I'l never hear the last of it from family members in Perth,Western Australia.However,I also have friends who live in Alassio,Italy,so I'l feel sorry if the Italians go out.My prediction is 2-0 Italy.Sorry.
    As for England against Equador,I predict a feast of goals,loads of mistakes,a few sendings off,a refereeing nightmare,and an England win!
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2006, 02:59 AM
    I want Australia to win vs Italy.
    Here in malta its 50 - 50, as Malta are usless in football so half the population side with England and half with Italy so here they're rivals.
    Whoever sides with england always want italy to lose and vice-versa!
    So for me come on Australia next Monday and let the ballerina lucky italians go home hehehe.
    I hope england play well vs Equador, and next its against netherlands.. mmmm not so confident re: that match!
    Is that when you reckon england is going home :(?

Jun 23, 2006, 03:15 AM
    Firstly,we don't know if the Netherlands will beat Portugal.If England beat Equador,they should,I hope they get Portugal,as the Dutch will be too good.However,I predict England will make the semi-finals.Oh dear... I've given them the kiss of death. :D
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2006, 03:17 AM
    I think Netherlands will beat Portgual.
    Netherlands are a strong team esp for holding a score of 0 - 0 against Argentina is saying something, I don't think england or italy could have held such a score.

Oh noooo don't give them more death kisses.
    Without Owen is abit worrying and I hope rooney plays his best compared to last match.
    Rroooonnneeeeeyyyy :D

Jun 23, 2006, 04:59 AM
    I would not have taken Owen to Germany,or Wallcott.I would have taken Darren Bent,and Jemain Defoe.Rooney,and Crouch upfront,with Gerrard playing just off-them,in a free role.I shall be in a pub,Sunday afternoon,watching on a "big screen" with hundreds of others.Here's hopeing. ;)
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2006, 05:04 AM
    Me too, down the pub drinking a pint, and getting every nervous and excited with hundreds of other maltese england suports. Making loads of noise and showing off the great england flag.

Lets keep hoping mate no more years of years :)

Jun 25, 2006, 10:13 AM
    England... England... Beckham free-kick... 1-0.

The Dutch,or Portugal on Saturday,at 4:00pm.

Football's coming home... :)
    ndx Posts: 79, Reputation: 21

Jun 25, 2006, 11:10 AM
    My best friend has a lucky dip draw on mexico winning, so for his sake (and mine, might go towards camping money in the summer) I hope they win!

And they diddnt half put up a good fight yesterday! Best game I watched so far :)
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2006, 03:40 AM
    At least we are thorugh the quarter finals.
    Good to be against Portugal as 2 of they're great players got red cards and besides their match yest was literally almost like rugby not footie :D

Come on England!!

Jun 26, 2006, 08:51 AM
    I have never laughed so much,as the Dutch,against Portugal.16 yellow cards,four reds,one unseen headbutt,and a touchline brawl.All caused by the incompetence of the Russian referee,and his useless assistants.And I thought Graham Poll was bad. :D
    Still,at least it was more fun than seeing Beckham "puke" all over the pitch,even if he did score the winner.It put me off my tea.
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2006, 08:54 AM
    I know.
    Watching the match of netherlands vs portugal was just so entertaining, I couldn't believe what I was actually seeing.
    How amussing lol :D

Poor Beckham though, I read he was poorly and didn't inform anyone because he wanted to play and thank god he didn't :)

So Nez... who's the winner next game :-
    England or portugal?

Jun 26, 2006, 11:24 AM
    Portugal have a very clever coach in Scolari.He is very experienced on tactics,and man-marking other players out of the game.The team is littered with superb talent,that is capable of winning anything.However,it's their temperament which lets them down.The more frustrating England can make them chase the ball,the more likely one of their players (or two),will get sent off.The head- butting of a Dutch player,being a good example.If England are patient,and let the Portuguese run out of steam,we should just about steal a win.It will not be easy.My main fear is a crap referee,plus two flag waving assistants.
    My prediction... 2-1 England. :)
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2006, 11:45 AM
    Lucky win for the lucky blues...

You saw the match... did italy deserve that penality?
    To me it wasn't a penailty..
    Italians are great at rollie pollies

Jun 26, 2006, 11:55 AM
    My mobile went ballistic after the final whistle.Family in Perth were yelling! *^"*S! even though it was very late at night there.The Aussies paid the price of being too timid after the Italians went down to ten men.The penalty was a joke,but they only have themselves to blame.But oh dear,oh dear... what a boreing game,yawn,yawn.
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2006, 12:01 PM
    My boss supports italy and he told me I'm stubborn for saying its wasn't a penality and he said I don't know the rules
    Help me..
    I am right in saying it wasn't a penality?
    As the Aussie player hit the ball not the italian and the italian just tripped over his back! Yes?

Jun 26, 2006, 02:15 PM
    The Italians,as my pizza cooking friends at my local restaurant always tell me,know a good dive when they see one! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sunset nov 4, 2006 [ 1 Answers ]

What time does the sun set on November 4th, 2006 in jacksonville fl?

Tax filing for 2006 [ 5 Answers ]

Hi: My husband and I came to the US on Sept2000 with an F1, and travel to Costa Rica (CR) every year for 20-30 days in dec/jan.Been filing married filing separate 1040NREZ as advised at my University.No treaty exists with CR so each of us only claim the standard deduction ($3200 for 2004).I will...

Do I really need to pay my tax from May 1st, 2006. [ 2 Answers ]

I came to USA with a H1B visa in May, 2005. Someone told me that person with H1B visa doesn’t pay the state and federal taxes at the first three years. But the director of Human Resources in my center told me that I will have to start paying federal and state taxes on May 1st. Can you help me and...

2006 Bmw R1200rt [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the best price on a new or demonstrator 2005-2006 BMW R1200RT motorcycle. I want to know if someone can tell me what dealer invoice is on one. It's a great bike, but, I do want to save as much as possible when I purchase it. Looking... Will

Who is most likely to win the 2006 world cup? [ 9 Answers ]

Well my team is Argentina but I can't help to see what a team Brazil has come up with in this world cup. First let me add that anything is possible and even ghana can win(not likely). Anyway, I think Brazil has the best team ever possibly made. Their defense consist of Cafu, Cicinho, Edmilson,...

View more questions Search