Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tc123 Posts: 64, Reputation: 7

Jun 25, 2013, 08:52 AM
    Last Sopranos episode
    What is your idea as to what happened or what would have happened if that last Sopranos episode did not cut to black? Was out to dinner yesterday and someone said that it was ironic that James Gandolfini's character died in that last episode.

He did have a heart attack in the series but we don't know if that last episode indicated that he dies.

I like to think that his character (and the show) would have gone on as usual. Tony would have been all right or survived if something did happen to him in that last episode. Like the song they played, "Don't Stop Believin'", I believe that they wanted the viewers to keep believing.

Like most people, I wish there could have been a movie follow-up or the show could have been brought back just for a time. I know all those millions of viewers would have watched.

Such a shame what happened in real life and so sad for him and his family. He was a great person and great actor.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2013, 09:12 AM
    I know nothing about his personal life. Yes, he was an amazing actor.

I think he would have recovered - the door was never closed to a sequel.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 25, 2013, 09:42 AM
    I remember that last show. Sitting in a cabin in Jackson Hole watching on satellite. When it went black I tore that place apart trying to reboot the DISH box. He was great but always seemed to play the heavy. Does anyone recall him playing a good guy, ever? I first noticed him in the Redford movie about a military prison with him being the prison warden.
    Tc123 Posts: 64, Reputation: 7

Jun 25, 2013, 10:05 AM
    Thanks for the laugh! You tore the place apart did you? I know though. I think everyone was so disappointed the way the show ended.

I personally have never seen him play the role of a good guy so to speak. His role in the Sopranos was described as one minute you might have hated him and were repulsed. The next minute you loved him. In the movie "The Mexican", he was definitely supposed to be a bad guy but he softened up along the way.

That was just his way. Most people wanted him for the "bad guy" parts. The ole stereotype. I'm not crazy about violence but I did watch and enjoy The Sopranos very much.

His character in real life was a bit different. Very compassionate and caring person, father, friend, and do forth.

So sad for his family and son especially.

I'm curious about this Redford movie. Going to have to look it up. Thought I saw them all.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 26, 2013, 03:53 PM
    I know its been months but I found it, Last Castle The Last Castle (2001) - IMDb

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sopranos Season 1 Episode 10 - Such a fool - Artist [ 4 Answers ]

On the Sopranos season 1 episode 10 Hesch was listening to a song "Such a fool". Who sings that song? Thank you, Ralph Santosuosso

Who saw Sopranos? [ 8 Answers ]

If you saw the sopranos this Sunday, any thoughts on the show?:eek:

The Sopranos [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone tell me when the new episodes of the sopranos start airing?

View more questions Search