Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Danskii05 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2013, 02:04 AM
    What's wrong with me?
    I'm aged 22 and am living with my Fiancé, we have regular sexual intercourse but always with condoms. Condom has never been broken but there is a very very slight chance I could be pregnant (without giving too much information) My period is 4 weeks late, maybe 5 now. When my period was due I experienced period symptoms like never before, extreme fatigue, (falling to sleep at any time of day and not being able to wake up) nausea, dizziness, headaches and very bloated stomach. I also had a light spotting (just visible in my underwear) lasting less than a day. I just assumed it was my period starting but there's been nothing since. I have taken 2 home pregnancy tests, 1 last week and one this morning (morning urine) both negative. It's beginning to worry me now. Any ideas would be extremely helpful and much appreciated, thanks in advance.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 17, 2013, 02:30 AM
    The answer is basically the same for all women with these symptoms: pregnant but false negative or too soon, not pregnant and just skipped a period with a lot of hormone changes that month, or something totally unrelated.
    Women do get pregnant quite often even if condoms don't break. And you say something happened. So I would go for a blood test for more accurate results.
    Danskii05 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2013, 02:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    The answer is basically the same for all women with these symptoms: pregnant but false negative or too soon, not pregnant and just skipped a period with a lot of hormone changes that month, or something totally unrelated.
    Women do get pregnant quite often even if condoms don't break. And you say something happened. So I would go for a blood test for more accurate results.
    Thank you for your reply, I'm shocked that somebody answered so quickly. Yes, what you have said is more or less what I'm already thinking. We are currently living abroad and I have been here for 3 months, I'm returning to UK next week so will sure visit a doctor once I get there. My symptoms have more or less stopped the past week, I just feel unusually tired still and quite depressed and down. Just had to ask because its driving me mad now as you can probably understand. Thanks again
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 17, 2013, 07:26 AM
    The slight chance, on condoms, from planned parenthood, is that they have a 3 to 18 percent chance of failure, so not sure how slight you think slight is.

After that, as noted already, false negative are common even at 4 week. So really need to see doctor or just wait.
    Tc123 Posts: 64, Reputation: 7

Jun 22, 2013, 10:23 PM
    Hiya Danski. Just wanted to reach out and let you know you have some support here. You mentioned you were surprised that someone answered you so quickly. Well there are a lot of caring people out here and we care about you. Please keep us informed and hang in there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrong person or wrong time? [ 2 Answers ]

I was in a relationship with a guy that was perfect in every way; not just on a paper way, but in an ideals on life, type of person way. If anyone would ever ask me what I wanted in a guy, I would describe him in every way. We'd been seeing each other for a year, most weekends, met each others...

At the wrong place at the wrong time [ 3 Answers ]

A friend of mine was arrested on two counts of armed robbery, but he's innocent. An associate of his decided to talk to the people next door, so he called my friend over... As soon as he got there, the associate pulled a gun out on the people, He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The police...

Baby Mama Drama & Was I Wrong, & Was My Boyfriend Wrong? [ 31 Answers ]

3 threads merged and edited baby mama drama, all messed up! Ok, Me and my boyfriend started going together on August 1st 2007, on September 27th 2007 the girl he dealt with before we got together called him and told him she was pregnant and that the baby might be his but she didn't know if...

I need some one to tell me what's wrong and if any thing is wrong [ 12 Answers ]

My Partner And Me Have Been Having Sex For A Year Already But For 3 Months He Has Done It With Out A Condom And I Have Not Gotten Pregnant And We Really Want To Be Parents. What Is Wrong?:(

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

View more questions Search