Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fsg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2008, 04:33 AM
    Does weight increase after first two weeeks of exercise?
    Hi,

I am a female with height 5.3" (159 cms) Age: 23.
    I never used to do any exercise..
    Two weeks back I started going for morning walk for around 30-40 minutes. N 5 minutes yoga after that.
    Last week I checked my weight, It was 64.9 Kgs.. ( which is too much for my height)
    And today when I checked, it was 66.1 kgs.. (increased by 1.1 kg)..

I am very depressed and seriously demotivated for anything in life.. :(

I have stopped eating any junk food also from last ywo weeks..

Please tell me what can be the possible reason for increase in weight..
    Is it true that weight increases for first few weeks of starting the exercise and then it decreases.?

I want to reach to 50kgs asap..

Please tell what should I do..

Regards,
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 6, 2008, 05:38 AM
    please tell what should I do..
    Stay with your program, as females lose weight a little differently than men, and two weeks is nothing in the grand scheme of things. I hope you chart your eating habits, and count your calories, as a little exercise helps, but it takes more than just cutting out junk food, as caloric intake has to be managed as well. You did get a physical first, and talk to your doctor, about what, and when to eat? That's essential in my book. What are your eating habits, and what is your daily caloric intake?
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2008, 06:04 PM
    Don't worry so much about calorie intake as much as portion size... Don't skip any meals... 3 oz. of protein/meat, lean, like skinless chicken, turkey, loin type, fish, beans and lentils, veggies and fruit as well as 100% whole grains bread, pasta rice or cereals with each meal, Dairy is also important at least 3 servings of low fat or skim milk, yogurt or cheese, aids in losing fat. Drinks lots of water instead of presweetened drinks like soda, 100% fruits drinks are also good. (Avoid all drinks with high fructose corn syrup)!! Dried fruits, nuts, seeds, raisins in small quantities are great snacks. Smaller portions is the key as well as a regular exercise program, even if it's staggered throughout the day! Cut out all fast foods, fried foods, sweet or salty snacks. Choose whole grains instead of white flour products. Exercise every day or at least 4-5 times a week, 30-60 minutes, even if it's just walking, to boost your metabolism. Read nutritional labels and stick to the products one portion size, and cut out foods that you know are not good, ( If you crave it, love it, probably have to give it up, for the time being!! )if the DV value of Fats, sodium, carbs, sugar are over 20% avoid this food.
    Gramj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    -

Jan 12, 2011, 04:08 PM
    Losing weight is as much about incorporating exercise for weight loss as it is keeping those habits up over the long term. Muscle is known to weigh more than fat, so sometimes very trim, but athletic people are heavier than they appear just from their size. Also, when an exercise program begins, there is an increase in the metabolism rate that can cause a person to eat more without even realizing it. The added energy is for the increased activity, so it is not a bad thing, it will balance out as your body becomes accustomed to the new metabolism pattern. Most importantly, try not to worry or stress about your weight too much. Keep up the exercise and consider weighing yourself once a week at most. http://weightloss.nmfnw.com
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 12, 2011, 05:21 PM

Closed

? Why with 10's of thousands of posts and 100's of new posts, does someone come here and with their very first post, find one that is almost 3 years old to answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What did your baby's kicks feel like at 22 weeeks? [ 2 Answers ]

How would you describe it? I feel like there's almost someone in there tapping me with their finger, or thumping of a watermelon. And how often did you feel it at this stage.. some days I feel him all day long and some days I feel it just a few times a day

Will increase in pump intake pipe size, increase flow rate? [ 1 Answers ]

At my cabin I use a 12 volt Flojet pump to pump water from the lake to the cabin. I am using 1/2 inch plastic pipe for the intake and outlet on the pump. Would I see an increase in water flow if I increase the size of the pipe going from the lake to the pump to 3/4 plastic

Excessive Exercise For Weight Loss? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all.. I'm a 19 year old male and I know it's not healthy to loose more then 2 lbs a week but I'm going to aim for 4-5 lbs a week. But is this VERY dangerous? My body needs 2200 calories a day to maintain my weight, so instead I'm going to eat 1200 calories which is 1000 calorie difference...

GAIN weight with exercise [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone ever gained weight (not talking about muscle weight gain) when exercising? I have tried exercise programs numerous times and every single time I do, I gain weight. I have been walking on a treadmill for 30 min. at least 6 x a week, in addition to riding an exercise bicycle for 8-10...

View more questions Search