Ask
    schalom12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2007, 03:15 PM
    I want to have six pack
    How can I get six pack but still some fast food but I'm 140
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2007, 04:11 PM
    It takes eating natural foods like lean meats, fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, legumes, lentil in small portions, You can make healthy choices with even fast food, like veggie only pizza or bean burritos no cheese, just look carefully and find a healthy alternative. It's not really a matter of giving up everything you love just making sure you vary you diet and if you have a big ole burger and fries the next meal you choose a healthy alternative. Cutting out Sugar, High Fuctose Corn Sryup products, will go along way in losing weight! If these ingredients are one of the first few ingredients, don't drink or eat it, it will save you lots of calories. Start with small changes, emiminate, mayo or cakes, cookies, candy, soda, It only takes -500 calorie deficit per day below your normal intake to lose 1 pound of body fat per week. Try and create a 250 calorie deficit through exercise and diet. You have to work out 30-60 minutes, aerobics, resistance training, running, walking, biking... but you have to do an overall body workout 4-5 times a week to achieve the famous 6 pack!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 30, 2007, 05:04 PM
    You can get plenty of six packs at 7-11, and fast food.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 19, 2007, 12:53 PM
    I got a six pack from doing football and other sports. And I didn't change how I ate or anything, just work out and I'm sure avoiding junk food and such help you
    zooropa1985 Posts: 255, Reputation: 43

Oct 7, 2007, 04:07 PM
    From what I've learned it don't matter how many sit ups you do, you HAVE to lose your body fat first before you will even see your six pack.

I could be wrong of course
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Oct 7, 2007, 10:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zooropa1985
    from what ive learned it dont matter how many sit ups you do, you HAVE to lose your body fat first before you will even see your six pack.

i could be wrong of course
    Actually, your only "wrong" because of what the vast majority of the talking heads promote as reality.

It's all about the HOW, not the WHAT.

They put the emphasis on losing fat, when in reality, the mechanism comes from so much more than simply "losing fat." In fact, I personally HATE using anything involving the word "lose" with my clients... it has a negative impact on their psyche, whether they realize it or not.

Bottom line, your thinking is correct in that the only way to SEE the six pack is to eliminate fat stores around your midsection. But you shouldn't do that by losing... you should do it by building.

You workout to build the muscle cells all throughout your body, which are necessary for optimum fat burning. You must also consume the right ratios and amount of nutrients to build those muscles AND balance out your blood/enzyme/hormone levels to not only promote muscle cell growth, but also to ensure that your body is using fat as its preferred energy source.

If you focus on learning how all of this takes place (which is actually quite simple), you will be WAY ahead of just nodding along when someone says "You have to lose the fat to see the six pack."

The best part of all is that you're very young, so you've got it relatively easy compared to someone my age. If you don't have a lot of baby fat, you'll likely be able to achieve a 6-pack as easily as Sgt Hardkore was. You can learn about human physiology and how your body best responds as you grow, but in the meantime, focus on building muscle and consume the appropriate nutrients and you'll be golden.
    Dave3435x Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Oct 8, 2007, 12:17 PM
    3 things: Quality, qautity and being lean when it comes to abs. You can not have a 6 pack if you are fat. Here is the secret. You have to visualize your ab. It runs from the pubic bone to the sterum. Below the belt is beyond difficult to get. Your pelvis tilts. Lie flat on your back with your legs out and then bend you knees up. Do you see how the pelvis tilts? It's that small tilt which can affect that lower ab. See why its so tough? Here one trick. Never do any ab rep unless you are holding in your abs. Focus on that area below the belt. Fell it tighten. Look for the pain. Find the exercise that makes that area burn. Don't worry about the upper abs. Its actually harder trying to keep them out of the rep as you focus on the lower ab. Rather than doing your sit up, crunch or what ever as a rolling up of the ab type motion try to do it more like a pulling into your pubic bone type of motion. Do you reps slowly and concentrated. Focus on that small section of the ab muscle. (The reason for the crunch is that you have rolled up the upper ab and you're keeping it in a motionless state as you cruch on the lower ab. It's a way of taking the upper ab out of the game so that the lower ab gets the work that it never gets from a regular sit up.) Then finally after you feel as though you have really trashed the lower ab then throw in a bunch of regualr sit up, and twisting sit ups and oblique sit ups and twist for added tone and to keep things balanced.
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Oct 8, 2007, 01:10 PM
    There's no such thing as lower abs. The "6-pack" is all contained within the rectus abdominis muscle. Basically, it's an all-or-nothing response at the cellular level... if you're working the top of the rectus abdominus, you're working the bottom equally.

However, I do agree with Dave in that different exercises ARE of great benefit, because they build different stabilizers and change biomechanical leverage, which will make you a better overall athlete.
    fatty0 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2011, 01:32 PM
    I've personaly have a six pack and it feel great

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does it take to get Six Pack Abs? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 15, 5'9 and 160 pounds... I work out everyday and no matter what I do you can never see my abs... when I feel my stomach or look at it in the mirror while I have an empty stomach I can feel my six pack... I work it out so hard I get so mad that people barely try and can have a six pack that...

How the get a 6 pack [ 2 Answers ]

I want to get a 6 pack and get stronger arms I am a sparky as a job so it is qrite demanding I have a bike and a canal I can ride on or one of them indoor ones my diet is ricepudding in the mornin and a sandwich at dinner then some ready meal at tea I am 5 foot 7 and whigh 11 stone 10 pounds and 18...

Service pack 2 of XP [ 1 Answers ]

Can I load safely service pack 2 over win xp?

Service pack 2 [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I currently have Service pack 1 and want to go to Service pack 2 but don't know how. Could someone please tell me how? Thanks

What to pack for the hospital [ 7 Answers ]

I just thought I might ask if I have remembered everything to take to the hospital. I made a list and if anyone can add to it I would love the help. Ok so here it goes... copy and paste... Going home outfit for me Shampoo/conditioner Toothbrush/toothpaste Hair brush Hair ties/clippies Bar...

View more questions Search