Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carrguy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 07:40 AM
    98 handa will not stay running.
    I have a 98 handa acord. Sometime it will start only for a few seconds and then quite. I have to try two or three times before it will stay running and know it died on my going down the road but it did start after three or four try. Can anyone help?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 1, 2008, 07:50 AM
    I would replace the Ignition Control Module and coil:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896
    carrguy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 08:42 AM
    It only dose it when it get hot. Do you think it could be the main relay?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 1, 2008, 09:14 AM
    It's very possible. Try resoldering or replacing the main relay first. If the problem persists, replace the ICM and coil. If you have the money and want "like new" performance and reliability, then replace all three items. I normally recommend every 10 years or 120,000 miles, whichever comes first, to replace these items automatically. Most AutoZone stores, however, can test ICMs and coils for free.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

98 handa acord [ 3 Answers ]

When I try to start it the strarter clicks but don't turn over the moter. I have to try 4 to 10 times then it will turn over and start right up. Any help with this?

Ryobi won't stay running [ 1 Answers ]

I have ryobi 30cc weedwacker that will start but stalls when you give it gas.I changed spark plug and fresh gas. Cleaned exhaust screen.

My weedeater won't stay running [ 1 Answers ]

My weedeater won't stay running

Won't stay running [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 91 crx it sat up since may and I just put a d15b vtec in this past weekend. I sat the engine in and hooked up all appropriate connectors with the exception of two wires that is close to the intake manifold (yellow w/ green and a black) I have no clue where they go all I know is if you...

View more questions Search