Lose 40 pounds in 3 months?

Asked Mar 21, 2012, 06:03 PM — 22 Answers
    Hello, my name is Heather.. I would like to lose at most 40 pounds by mid-summer... I use to weigh 195 lbs before I got comfortable with my fiancé a few years back and now I weigh about 255 . He has taken me to fast food places so I've grown to like some of the foods from places such as McDonalds, Taco Bell, and Popeyes, even knowing how bad the food is. I wish to get back to 195 eventually but I can't seem to keep to a diet and exercise with being a full time college student and taking care of a family of 6 and sometimes my fiancé. And I can't find a job so I cannot afford to go to a public gym.. Please, Please, Please what should I do to lose weight? Someone please HELP ME!!

Last edited by Wondergirl; Mar 21, 2012 at 09:07 PM.
    blindedpanda's Avatar
    blindedpanda Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

#2

Mar 21, 2012, 09:04 PM
    Forst things first, I hate to say this, but you need to be more realistic. 40 pounds in 3 months, is a bit too high set. 40 pounds in say 6 months is a little more realistic. Just drink a lot of water and watch your portions. I am struggling with weight myself, so this is all I can really off as tips. But good luck!
    Stellaw's Avatar
    Stellaw Posts: 171, Reputation: -1

#3

Mar 25, 2012, 05:10 AM
    You're an addict to carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are not your friends so cut them out of your life pronto. I mean pronto. If you don't, you will not get over being an addict to them. Drug addicts are treated the same way as alcoholics, shopaholics, and other addicts. They go to rehab. You do not, however, should go to rehab for you weight issues but you really need an intervention. You need to cut carbohydrates out of your life as soon as possible so you can beat the addiction. I will give you just 3 days. I assure you, you won't get addicted to carbohydrates anymore if you just have the will for 3 days.

So, no more bread, cakes, rice, flours, cornstarch, milk, and all those starchy foods like potatoes. Do not eat fruits. What do you need fruits for? For antioxidants? There's antioxidants out there that come in pills, tablets, or capsules. Don't listen to those people who said it's physically impossible. Once you're not an addict to carbohydrates anymore, you won't have any problems shedding off those 40 pounds in 3 months. You know what, forget 3 months. I guarantee you losing 40 pounds in just 2 months. I promise you. You will not regret listening to me.

You know what you can only eat? Everything except carbohydrates. You hear me? Everything. So, eat bacon, cheese, almonds, fish, chicken, pork, beef, fillet mignons, rabbits, mayonnaise, butter, lard, you know what there's no more space for the full enumeration here. Of course, in order to achieve your goal faster, you should not eat if you're not hungry. When you cut carbohydrates, trust me, you won't feel hungry that much anymore. Do not skip meals. Eat 2 whole eggs and bacon fried in butter for breakfast. Then chicken and cheese for lunch. Then broccoli and fish for dinner. Do not forget to eat real mayonnaise because it will facilitate fat loss faster. Try dipping eggs or hotdogs in mayonnaise to achieve weight loss more effectively and efficiently.

Enjoy more energy, less appetite, leaner body, and satisfaction just by following my advice. I met a lot of people who tried this and they don't sleep that much anymore because of the excess energy they're having. Check the labels on canned goods, coffee, and everything before you purchase them. Canned hot and spicy tuna in oil is great because it has 0 carbohydrates. Okay, you can have carbohydrates in your diet but do not exceed 10 grams of carbohydrates on each meal. Stay away from potatoes even if it's boiled. Take a multi-vitamin pill everyday and consume yogurt daily too. You can replace a meal for one yogurt or kefir. When your appetite is not that great anymore, then you will eventually shed off those unwanted pounds. Fight addiction. You are not to be blamed for your obesity or overweight state. It's your addiction. I hope you find this helpful.
    LadySam's Avatar
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 321
    Cats Expert

#4

Mar 25, 2012, 07:36 AM
    Healthy weight loss will not be instantaneous.
    You will need to cut out the fast food and commit yourself to a healthy exercise program.
    Please read the guidelines published by the Mayo Clinic.
    A more realistic goal for that time frame is 12-24 pounds, given that every body is different you need to set goal that is obtainable.
    Make a plan and stick to it.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/weight-loss/HQ01625
    JudyKayTee's Avatar
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,513, Reputation: 4591

#5

Mar 25, 2012, 09:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellaw View Post

The diet you recommend is dangerous. Eggs fried in bacon fat? Eggs dipped in mayo? Hot dogs (full of nitrates!) dipped in mayo?

You can't simply recommend a diet without knowing what other health issues are involved.

This advice is dangerous, indeed - and more preaching than advising.
    Stellaw's Avatar
    Stellaw Posts: 171, Reputation: -1

#6

Mar 25, 2012, 11:25 AM
    People in the past live longer than people today because their diet is composed mainly of fats and protein. Nowadays, we eat chips and other processed foods that contain cheap starches. Fats is not our enemy. It protects us from cancer. Our heart performs better by consuming omega 3 and omega 6.
    JudyKayTee's Avatar

#7

Mar 25, 2012, 11:30 AM

Fat can be our enemy if we have coronary disease and/or many other health problems. Eggs fried in bacon fat protect "us" from cancer? Where are you reading that? Hot dogs (full of nitrates and other similar garbage) are protecting "us" from cancer? I thought there was research that nitrates CAUSE cancer.

I also don't believe that people "in the past" lived longer than people do today. Wikipedia (which I do not generally like as a reference source) seems to believe that people are living longer, not shorter, lives. Life expectancy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'd like to see your reference sites.

Maybe in a pefect World after consulting with a Physician your advice makes sense. Short of that I don't believe it does and I think it could be dangerous.
    Stellaw's Avatar
    Stellaw Posts: 171, Reputation: -1

#8

Mar 25, 2012, 11:37 AM
    I've experienced the weight loss myself too and been experimenting on it. If I don't consume fats, my weight loss is slower. I was obese a month ago. I lost 9 kilograms since I started the Four Corners Diet. I've met so many people who lost weight cutting out carbohydrates from their diet. But you need to take vitamins and minerals. I take a lot of Calcium and Magnesium because the I'm experiencing cramps once in awhile since I started the high-fat and high-protein diet.

In the span of 3 years, I gained 20 kilograms. I tried everything to shed off the pounds I gained and nothing worked. I don't know if it's psychological or something but I really did feel energetic after 3 days of doing the diet. I'm really sorry if it seems dangerous. I forgot to tell you to check with your physician first before you start the diet and do some tests first and observe the results before and during the diet.

Obesity is also dangerous. Most obese people are developing or already developed Diabetes and it's very scary because the carbohydrates make us fat.
    JudyKayTee's Avatar

#9

Mar 25, 2012, 11:39 AM

Interesting personal info - but it doesn't answer the question.

Active lifestyles help lose weight. Counting calories helps lose weight. I've fasted in the past. Do I recommend fasting to strangers when I don't know their health history? No.

Yes, obesity is dangerous. Diabetics are NOT advised to cut out all carbs. They are advised to COUNT carbs. There's a difference. There are good carbs and bad carbs. I know diabetes and diabetic diets - and you are incorrect.

There is no "one diet fits all" out there.

Please post your source that people are living shorter lives today than they were "in the past."
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 61,899, Reputation: 5757
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

#10

Mar 25, 2012, 11:40 AM

People in the past live longer than people today .
    And, again, I have to ask you to back up your claims. Just this quote is inaccurate as life expectancy has been on the increase, not decrease.

But, even if your contention that the OP is a carb addict is accurate, giving people specific diet and medical advice without knowing more about them is dangerous. The OP is talking about an almost 20% loss of weight in 3 months. Even if she were to succeed, the health risks of such a loss could be dangerous.

It is nice that you want to help people, but a lot of the advice you have given has not been helpful. Some have been just plain wrong and some have been dangerous.

I want to lose 50 pounds in 5 months during schooll [ 0 Answers ]

I'm 5'7 and 180 pounds I leave school at 4:00 . I walk every day to the train I walk a whole block but I think that is because my mom give me like 1-3 dollars a day, I still get fatter . Can their be like a plan for me I tried almost everything

What if you 12 and want to lose 50 pounds in 3 months? [ 3 Answers ]

Well, I'm 12 years old. My weight is like 150 or 145 pounds. I don't think that's very healthy for a 12 year old. So I want to be skinny. I'm tired of people calling me fat, because I sort of agree with them. So I would like to try and lose at least 50 pounds in this three months of summer I have,...

How do I lose 30 pounds in 2 months [ 10 Answers ]

How do I lose 30 pounds in 2 months

Want to lose 30 pounds in 1 to 2 months [ 11 Answers ]

How is this possible I want to go back to school a new person and I really want to get this weight off :confused:

How do I lose 40 pounds in 2 months [ 17 Answers ]

How to lose 40 pounds in 2 months