Lose 40 pounds in 3 months?

Asked Mar 21, 2012, 06:03 PM — 22 Answers
    Hello, my name is Heather.. I would like to lose at most 40 pounds by mid-summer... I use to weigh 195 lbs before I got comfortable with my fiancé a few years back and now I weigh about 255 . He has taken me to fast food places so I've grown to like some of the foods from places such as McDonalds, Taco Bell, and Popeyes, even knowing how bad the food is. I wish to get back to 195 eventually but I can't seem to keep to a diet and exercise with being a full time college student and taking care of a family of 6 and sometimes my fiancé. And I can't find a job so I cannot afford to go to a public gym.. Please, Please, Please what should I do to lose weight? Someone please HELP ME!!

Last edited by Wondergirl; Mar 21, 2012 at 09:07 PM.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 61,868, Reputation: 5753
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

#21

Mar 25, 2012, 01:55 PM

I don't want to close this thread in case the OP wants more help. But there will be no more discussion of the bad advice given here from anyone.
    Alty's Avatar
    Alty Posts: 25,707, Reputation: 5616
    Pets Expert

#22

Mar 25, 2012, 02:05 PM
    I apologize Scott. I only mentioned it here because Stella wasn't listening in the other threads where I've asked her to stop.

As for the OP. I would highly recommend a complete physical from your doctor. Find out if you have any health risks. Then ask your doctor to recommend a healthy diet and exercise routine.

You don't need to go to a gym to exercise. There are many things you can do at home. Going for a walk, bike riding, sit ups, or buying an exercise tape that you find fun and are willing to do every day.

But none of these things should be done until you see your doctor. At 255 pounds your body is working hard, and there could already be some damage done. You need a clean bill of health before you start any diet or exercise routine.

There is however one thing you can do right now. Cut out the fast food! That's only adding to your issues.

If you don't have the willpower to cut out the McDonalds, and other fast food, then I fear that you'll fail before you even begin.

Good luck. See your doctor!
    JudyKayTee's Avatar
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,513, Reputation: 4591

#23

Mar 25, 2012, 03:15 PM
    Likewise Blinded Panda and Lady Sam gave good advice right at the beginning. LadySam included a site.

And there are also support groups - like Weight Watchers.

I want to lose 50 pounds in 5 months during schooll [ 0 Answers ]

I'm 5'7 and 180 pounds I leave school at 4:00 . I walk every day to the train I walk a whole block but I think that is because my mom give me like 1-3 dollars a day, I still get fatter . Can their be like a plan for me I tried almost everything

What if you 12 and want to lose 50 pounds in 3 months? [ 3 Answers ]

Well, I'm 12 years old. My weight is like 150 or 145 pounds. I don't think that's very healthy for a 12 year old. So I want to be skinny. I'm tired of people calling me fat, because I sort of agree with them. So I would like to try and lose at least 50 pounds in this three months of summer I have,...

How do I lose 30 pounds in 2 months [ 10 Answers ]

How do I lose 30 pounds in 2 months

Want to lose 30 pounds in 1 to 2 months [ 11 Answers ]

How is this possible I want to go back to school a new person and I really want to get this weight off :confused:

How do I lose 40 pounds in 2 months [ 17 Answers ]

How to lose 40 pounds in 2 months