Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Katxattack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 06:40 PM
    401K and taxes
    I recently (maybe 6 months ago), signed up with my company's new 401K. Do I need any special info from this account to do my taxes this year? I have conflicting reports. My co-workers told me that I need the end of the year statement(which I misplaced). I called the company that handles our 401K plan, and asked if I needed that statement or not. The lady I spoke to told me I didn't need it unless I had rolled any money over ( I didn't). She tehn said something about it being on my pay stub. I am really confused about this. Any advice?

Kathy
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 27, 2007, 07:27 PM
    You don't need to include anything about your 401K on your tax return. Your W2 has your adjusted gross income, adjustedfor any pre-tax deductions.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 27, 2007, 08:14 PM
    Kathy:

You need do NOTHING regarding your 401K when it comes to your annual tax return.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have to claim 401K on my taxes? [ 4 Answers ]

I started my 401K plan in Oct of 2005. Do you have to claim 401K information on your taxes? When I called Schwabb the other day to increase my contributions a recording noted that the 2006 tax forms would be mailed out on Jan 31st. I'm just confused because I didn't get anything in the mail in...

401K withdrawal and taxes ? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm a 37 year old male... single (not married)... factory worker for about 19 years... took out a 26K 401K hardship withdrawal last year. Out of the 26K, they sent me a check for 22K and some change... This means they kept about 4K. If my salary was 33K, not counting the withdrawal money, what am I...

401K to pay taxes [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a penalty for early withdraw on a 401k to pay a past tax lien?

Taxes on 401k cashout [ 1 Answers ]

The amount is $36,000.00. The holding company withheld $7,200.00 for the IRS. Is the entire amount of $36,000.00 still a taxable amount? Does the 10% early withdrawal penalty come of the taxable amount, and now the taxable amount is $32,400.00? Is the taxable amount the total after the 20%...

Taxes on 401k cash out [ 1 Answers ]

I have cashed out my 401k to invest in a home. The deal did not go through and lost $3,100.00 on the attempted purchase. The holding company of the 401k withheld 20% of the money to send to IRS. I have been living on the proceeds of the 401k for 6 months. I did have a job before the cash out,...

View more questions Search