Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Polobear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 02:41 PM
    calculating cost of debt
    Decline, Inc. is trying to determine its cost of debt. The firm has a debt issue outstanding with 14 years to maturity that is quoted at 91 percent of face value. The issue makes semiannual payments and has an embedded cost of 6 percent annually. Company's pretax cost of debt is ______ percent. If the tax rate is 37 percent, the aftertax cost of debt is______ percent.
    songstryssrmb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 10:39 PM
    N= 12*2= 24
    pv= -(94/100)* 1000= -940
    pmt=7*10=70 70/2 = 35 (semi annual)
    fv=1000
    I/y = 3.889%
    ytm=3.889%*2 = 7.78% (pretax cost of debt)

after tax cost of debt = 0.0778*(1-0.35) = 0.0506/5.06%
    gabby75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2011, 07:41 AM
    =interest rate x tax rate
    = 6% x (1-0.37)
    = 6% x 0.63
    = 3.78
    shahla hasan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2012, 01:22 PM
    Calculate the cost of perpituty debenture if coupen rate is 9.5% debenture of rs.100each issued at a discount of 4% and floatation cost 1%.tax rate 3.5%
    shahla hasan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2012, 01:41 PM
    Calculate cost of perpituty debentursif coupen rate is 9.5% debenture of rs. 100 each issued at a discount of 4% and floatation cost 1% .tax rate 35%

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculating expected cost of equity [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Rosie's Grill has a beta of 1.2, a stock price of $26 and an expected annual divident of $1.30 a share which is to be paid next month. The divident growth rate is 4%. The market has a 10% rate of return and a risk premium of 6%. What is the average expected cost of equity for Rosie's...

Cost of Debt vs Cost of Equity [ 1 Answers ]

What is cheaper Cost of Equity or Cost of Debt ?

Calculating the after-tax cost of new debt and common equity [ 0 Answers ]

Here is the problem. How do I go about calculating the after-tax cost of new debt and common equity. Calculate the cost of equity and calculate weighted cost of capital. I am really confused on this. The following tabulation gives earnings per share figures for the Foust Company during the...

Calculating the cost of damaged carpet. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I calculate the monetary damage incurred by tenants on carpet? The carpet has been professionally cleaned, however, there are large yellow stains that do not come out. These stains resulted from urine and/or emesis from a small dog. I have hired a carpet cleaning company to cut out the...

View more questions Search