Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Southernluv Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 07:47 PM
    Bond Valuation
    a. What will be the value of each of these bonds when the going rate of interest is (1) 5 percent, (2) 8 percent, and (3) 12 percent? Assume that there is only one more interest payment to be made on Bond S.
    Southernluv Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 08:31 PM
    I manage to get the answers myself, here they are if anyone still needs them.
    The Garraty Company has two bond issues outstanding. Both bonds pay $100 annual interest plus $1,000 at maturity. Bond L has a maturity of 15 years, and Bond S a maturity of 1 year.

a. What will be the value of each of these bonds when the going rate of interest is (1) 5 percent, (2) 8 percent, and (3) 12 percent? Assume that there is only one more interest payment to be made on Bond S.

5% Bond L = $1518.98 Bond S = $1047.62
    8% Bond L = $1171.19 Bond S = $1018.52
    12% Bond L = $863.78 Bond S = $982.14

b. Why does the longer-term (15-year) bond fluctuate more when interest rates change than does the shorter-term bond (1-year)?

The 15 year bond will fluctuate more because there are more things happen over a 15 year period as opposed to the time frame of 1 year.

Fee Founders has preferred stock outstanding that pays a dividend of $5 at the end of each year. The preferred stock sells for $60 a share. What is the preferred stock's required rate of return?

(5/60) = 8.33%

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amide bond (peptide bond) [ 3 Answers ]

hello ever1 I don't know much about chemistry, so hlp me with this is amide bond (peptide bond), balanced chemical equation?

Bond valuation [ 1 Answers ]

The Garraty Company has two bond issues outstanding. Both bonds pay $100 annual interest plus $1,000 at maturity. Bond L has a maturity of 15 years, and Bond S a maturity of 1 year. a. What will be the value of each of these bonds when the going rate of interest is (1) 5 percent, (2) 8 percent,...

View more questions Search