Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    josephfrankel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2007, 10:15 AM
    Compound Interest
    If an investment is up 88% over 6 years (simple interest) what is the compound rate of growth per anum.

My question was not for the purposes of homework.. I need the number for a real world reason. Unfortunately, I am very bad in math and could never figure out how to do this formula
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 26, 2007, 10:22 AM
    The formula for simple compound interest is:

Where is the interest rate per year and is the number of years.
    Here you know that "Future Value" is 1.88 times the initial value, and N is 6 years. Can you now determine the value for i? It's easiest to solve this using logarithms.
    raaj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2007, 03:41 AM
    What is the formula of compound interest

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compound interest [ 1 Answers ]

Can you please tell me how I can calculate manually. If 2000.00 is invested at 4% interest a year, compounded yearly.. How many years would it take to accumulate 100,000 Please help Thanks Miladys

Joint compound weight [ 3 Answers ]

The containers for regular and lightweight joint compound have the same directions. Is there a reason to use one of them for any paerticular task? Any difference in their performance? Thanks

How much floor leveling compound can I use? [ 6 Answers ]

My brother and I plan on putting down some laminate flooring but the existing sub floor very uneven. We are hoping to get out of replacing as much as we can and use some of that leveling material. So my question is how much is the max suggested? Is it 1/4" or ? Thanks for the help.

Which thermal compound do I use? [ 1 Answers ]

29 November 2005. 0208 Hrs. U.S. Central time. FM: OilMan6 SUBJECT: Which thermal compound do I use? I just bought an ABIT motherboard, an Intel P4 CPU, And a thermaltake heatsink.

Compound inequalith [ 2 Answers ]

?? The problem is 6x-4>2x or 4x-1 < x+5. Please show me how to solve this > Thanks

View more questions Search